Talk

Advanced search

can we talk knickers?

(21 Posts)
Gileswithachainsaw Sun 06-Mar-16 16:41:35

inspired by another thread exhibiting pictures of neatly arranged underwear drawers I realised that kondo or no kondo my underwear is nothing short of embarrassing and id rather receive no medical treatment if I had an accident then expose them to a dr grin

so what do you all wear?

I need something comfy. no or little lacy trim. something that covers a rather substantial arse and is stylish rather than enormous Granny pants.

any ideas would be very gratefully received. let's see if we can stock a drawer that I won't be ashamed to photograph wink

Pinkheart5915 Sun 06-Mar-16 16:48:30

I get these from m&s static.xx.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/v2/y4/r/-PAXP-deijE.gif for comfy lazy days, god they are comfy!

Then I buy stuff from rigby and peller for sexy days

AgonyBeetle Sun 06-Mar-16 16:55:07

Cheek Frills knickers are comfy AND glam looking. They do have lace trim, but not at all scratch. They don't ride up your bumcrack, and have a nice wide gusset.

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 06-Mar-16 16:55:41

I will check both those out then thank you so much!!

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 06-Mar-16 17:23:40

Well I've picked some off the m&s site. the cheeky frills look good buy they look quite thin. are they?

I confess to loving the neon vest and pants set though! !!!

I'm now after sone really funky coloured shorts ??

MeadowHay Sun 06-Mar-16 21:41:57

Have a look on Figleaves, they have all sorts, you can get good deals in the outlet section in particular. I also really like Boux Avenue and Next.

Pinkheart5915 Sun 06-Mar-16 21:44:13

Try peacocks they use to do multipacks of bright colours.
Boux avenue
House of Fraser can be good as well

MrsBertMacklin Sun 06-Mar-16 21:46:19

Sloggi. Now, forever, always. 💋

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 06-Mar-16 21:47:10

Well I think i went a bit overboard. do I need 26 pairs of pants blush

I jeed more bras though so will look on the sites suggested just now. thanks smile

Teaandcakeat8 Sun 06-Mar-16 21:47:52

I always buy m&s for everyday, they're the only ones that don't fall apart in the wash.

For nice stuff look at the outnet. Stella McCartney, Elle McPherson, agent prov all affordable.

dudsville Sun 06-Mar-16 21:51:29

You know, I went big and comfy in the pant department years ago. Now what i'd really like is some superhero themed pants. In mid 40s. I've never worn superhero themed pants but i think this would be fabulous. Anyone got any suggestions?

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 06-Mar-16 21:53:26

new look maybe?

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 06-Mar-16 21:57:12

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01AKQ5FJY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1457301338&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=superhero+underwear+women&dpPl=1&dpID=412BZgheNBL&ref=plSrch&dpPl=1&dpID=412BZgheNBL&ref=plSrch

here grin

chocdonutyy Sun 06-Mar-16 22:01:10

M and s midi pants, big enough to cover any wobbly bits but not granny pants.
I buy plain black cotton for everyday then have a few more fancy ones, always midi style as it fits best without looking frumpy or having it all hang out!

minipie Sun 06-Mar-16 22:11:46

Gap teeny bikini (not as small as that sounds). I have a substantial bottom too and these are the only ones I've found which don't ride up. They are cotton (plus a bit of stretch) and don't have lace. They change the colours/patterns all the time.

Cupcakeannie77 Sun 06-Mar-16 22:21:45

As a nurse in A&E, if you're ever in an accident with pelvic injuries hope to god you've got you're old grey grannies on as well just cut right through.
I did once have a patient try to get me to recompense her Vicki Secret under crackers as we had to cut them off as her serious pelvic crush injuries needed attention.

Can also recommend cheekThrills, their days of the week ones are fab and informative! Xx

CantGetYouOutOfMyHead Sun 06-Mar-16 22:28:40

I had a cathartic clear out lately of all the unwanted sexy underthings that exh bought for me. I never wanted to own half-cup bras that fitted under nothing, crotch less Agent Provocateur skimpiest or baby doll cutouts. I have a Kondo-style drawer now with only black and peach Brazilian-cut knickers and non-padded bras, that look great under everything. They're still pretty and sexy, and they match. It was truly refreshing to pitch the peekaboo shite.

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 06-Mar-16 22:28:43

Damn it some.of those gap ones are lively. I'd so wear the stripy shorts

BatmanLovesPeaceAndQuiet Sun 06-Mar-16 22:36:34

I've got superhero ones from ASDA. In fact, am currently wearing the Batman ones (black, with gold logo and gold elastic top) but also have Wonderwoman and TMNT.

Just had a look at their latest online offering - I see they have Gryffindor pants, but no Slytherin, the biased bastards hmm grin

MyFriendsCallMeOh Sun 06-Mar-16 22:48:58

Has anyone tried Naja cheeky knickers? They look nice....

QuestionableMouse Sun 06-Mar-16 22:52:45

I'm still on the hunt for comfy pants. I'm a size 22 (ish!) and nothing I've tried is comfy. Bought some Yours ones that rubbed my thigh raw. Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now