Talk

Advanced search

New foundation ideas after mineral FAIL - Feeling depressed!

(7 Posts)
starfish8 Sun 06-Mar-16 16:06:35

Hi everyone

I'm 35 and had been using Clinique foundation for years. Superbalanced for work days, Moisture Surge tinted moisturiser for days off work with son. At the start of this year I tried Bare Minerals and really liked it. Seems to all of a sudden developed a reaction to this so sent for Lily Lolo samples this week.

I just can't get the coverage I need with it, seems really light and isn't doing a good enough job hiding my open pores either. Skin feels quite tight (even after a spritz of water) and I'm just not feeling it. Bare Minerals in comparison seemed much better for building up levels of coverage and was happy wearing this on both office days and weekends.

Now I've been in the mineral world for a couple of months, I feel pretty sad having to go back to liquid foundation. I'm not sure I can face heading back to Superbalanced with foundation 'paint brush' and glass pot, so wonder if I can get something a little lighter, but still needs to last all day. Ideally would like to fit one magic foundation that is suitable for weekdays and weekends.

Can anyone recommend any Clinique foundations to look at? Would also consider another brand, but I need something that will offer a good match to fair/pink undertone skin, work well with combination skin (shiny nose alert!) and offer decent enough coverage for my open pores. I do have relatively sensitive skin too and I guess I'm heading back to Clinique as I've never had a problem with their make up at least.

Feeling pretty depressed on Mothers day that I can't get my skin right, so would really appreciate any help you ladies can offer.

Thanks!

Blondie1984 Sun 06-Mar-16 16:12:45

I use the Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation which I love ....and it sounds like my needs from a foundation are similar to yours. I always use a primer too which helps it stay put - either smashbox or Laura mercier

starfish8 Sun 06-Mar-16 16:12:52

Does anyone have any experience of Clinique Even Better?

Shop Sun 06-Mar-16 16:22:34

Have you tried bare minerals matte? That doesn't have the ingredient in that is in the original that some people are allergic to.

starfish8 Sun 06-Mar-16 17:41:41

Haven't tried the BM matt. I really liked the dewy look of the normal BM so don't think I'd be happy with the matt.

Never looked at Giorgio Armani, is it expensive?

Need to try a primer, I quite liked the BM one but the first one I've tried other than a cheap Rimmel one.

brightnearly Sun 06-Mar-16 17:48:26

Maybe have a look at Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, it's more expensive Tha Bare Minerals but very good for combination skin.
What about the BM liquid foundation?
Or possibly Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser?

brightnearly Sun 06-Mar-16 17:48:52

than, not Tha!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now