Talk

Advanced search

what to wear for a casual dinner when you're always freezing?

(5 Posts)
LazySusan11 Sun 06-Mar-16 13:45:21

I'm meeting friends for dinner later, I'm known for not taking off my coat as I am always cold! I wear cashmere jumpers and scarves a lot yet am still cold.

What can I wear tonight that is stylish but warm?

MitzyLeFrouf Sun 06-Mar-16 13:46:22

You need lots of very fine layers.

Gruach Sun 06-Mar-16 13:57:11

Assuming you've been checked and treated for anaemia or any other conditions that make one extra sensitive to cold - are you able to identify which areas of your body are particularly susceptible? If you concentrate on keeping those parts well wrapped up (back of the neck, feet, etc?) you may be able to manage less covering over the rest of you.

LazySusan11 Sun 06-Mar-16 14:04:28

It's my top half that's always the coldest, I wear a thermal type vest top and a cashmere jumper with a scarf but still feel cold!

SquirmOfEels Sun 06-Mar-16 14:07:18

Unless you're in London, where there are actual shops, you can't possibly get this in time, but Uniqlo HeatTech range is really good; very thin, meaning it's good for layering and (if they've not vanished out of stock yet) include useful things like tights and socks.

Do you already own any thermals?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now