Babyliss Big Hair or John Frieda Air Styler?

(12 Posts)
Paddingtonthebear Sat 05-Mar-16 13:59:13

Both have a rotating brush. Not sure which to go for? I've got shoulder length hair, already got volume I just want the blow dry finish effect

ontherightpath Sun 06-Mar-16 00:05:54

I have the babyliss big hair. It straightens and smooths my hair better than my actual hair straighteners, so if you want glossy straight hair its great & I would recommend it.

However, I originally bought it hoping to get soft waves & volume but the brush is far too big for that - my hair is just past shoulder length & quite fine. So I'd recommend it for smoothing and shaping but definitely not for waves/curling the ends. It's also useless on my fringe, again because the brush is too large.

fourkids Sun 06-Mar-16 00:21:02

I love my babyliss big hair for smooth and sleek...and for curled ends (under our outwards). Not sure how you'd get waves or anything with it. If it died, I'd replace it the same day!

Petal02 Sun 06-Mar-16 09:56:27

I've got the Babyliss, but have read good reviews about the John Freida product, so you'd probably be fine with either. I've also got the Remington air styler, which is just like the Babyliss but the brush doesn't rotate. Now that my layers have grown out, that's really effective too.

All of the above appliances are great 'finishing tools' and make your hair smooth and glossy without the poker-straight finish that straighteners give.

LucyLocketLostHerPocket Sun 06-Mar-16 10:15:58

I have the smaller barrel babyliss and it's brilliant. For the first time ever I look like I actually style my hair and it's sleek and curved under. My hair is chin length but it still works fine, rough dry first with hairdryer then just finish with styler.

SinglePringle Sun 06-Mar-16 10:29:49

I hate the Big Hair and never use it. It makes my hair frizzy and flyaway. I can do a good blow dry with a normal brush and by sectioning my shoulder length hair.

WineandDine Sun 06-Mar-16 13:18:34

Sorry to hijack OP, but can PP's tell me if either of these would be a good fix for injecting some body and volume into fine shoulder length hair?
Small baby and no time to blow dry properly at the moment. I'm straightening the ends and front but it just ends up looking flat and blah quite quickly..

Petal02 Sun 06-Mar-16 19:31:40

Yes wineanddine all of these would work for you.

KatharinaRosalie Mon 07-Mar-16 08:40:06

There area several similar products on the market and they all pretty much work the same. For shoulder/lenght hair, you definitely want the smaller barrel.

ggirl Mon 07-Mar-16 08:44:10

i have never been able to get volume from using the babyliss big hair , tried both size barrels .

SMooth and flicked/curled ends but never volume

ChildlessAndOK Mon 07-Mar-16 13:20:44

I use babylis rotator one and find it works great for styling with volume and no need to touch up after sleeping on 'done' hair.
It tends to get the desired flicks for me after sleeping, which was my original reason for purchasing.
Would recommend.

Toxicity Mon 07-Mar-16 16:22:42

Another vote for Big Hair (although I haven't tried the John Frieda styler so can't comment on that one). It's really easy to use and I find if I use volumising spray I can get quite a good amount of body in my hair.

I am on my second one, when the first one gave up the ghost (after years of heavy use I should add) I went out and bought another one, it's that good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now