Static hair cure needed..

(5 Posts)
everythingsgoingsouth Sat 05-Mar-16 12:16:47

I'm currently using a volumising mousse with added heat protection, but my hair is so static-y.
My hair is really fine, so don't want to weigh it down if possible-any handy tips please?

burnishedsilver Sat 05-Mar-16 12:34:20

This problem was the bane of my life.
Products for frizzy hair helped. I found organix kakui oil shampoo and conditioner to be good. Anything by kerastase made it way worse. The root of the problem, it turns out, was the hair colour I was using. Loreal changed their formula around the same time the static started. I switched to a salon that uses wella and the problem disappeared. Do you colour your hair?

everythingsgoingsouth Sat 05-Mar-16 12:42:57

aahh! bought a cheapy colour last week instead od usual L'oreal/garnier ones. Wonder if that could be it? Thanks for that advice .

FuckOffJeffrey Sat 05-Mar-16 17:18:09

Not a cure but rubbing your hair with a tumble dryer sheet stops the static and makes it smell nice at the same time.

sulee Sun 06-Mar-16 17:53:17

I second the cheapo colourant theory. My hair is fine anyway, used a Superdrug colour last week instead of my usual Clairol/L'Oréal and it has been falling out and is super static. Very disappointed as I usually like Superdrug!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now