Talk

Advanced search

Best place to buy kids shoes

(11 Posts)
MyUserNameIsGreat Sat 05-Mar-16 08:11:22

I've got 4 kids of my own and looking after my sil's kids for the forseeable future (Sil is in hospital). We're managing on one income at the moment and my niece needs new shoes. Where do you recommend that have cheaper shoes that actually last? I refuse to shop in Shoe Zone. They always fall apart.

MyUserNameIsGreat Sat 05-Mar-16 08:12:09

Meant so say, she is in size 8 infant (she's 3)

kimlo Sat 05-Mar-16 08:14:39

Dd2 has some boots from shoe zone that are lasting well, but she only wears them at weekends.

My friend got her dd some school shoes from aldi and they were really good.

It depends on your budget really. The clarks outlet near me sell shoes from about £20, other than that asda seems to have a good selection.

PennyHasNoSurname Sat 05-Mar-16 08:14:42

Ive found M&S shoes to be of great quality, well fitting and at least half the price of Clarks. I usually buy up sizes in the sales.

sausagepoo Sat 05-Mar-16 08:17:22

Sports direct online have the school shoes that have lasted longest for my son -£10- £16 or so, Clarks he destroys within a couple of weeks. Also good trainers etc.

defineme Sat 05-Mar-16 08:32:08

Depends on the shoes really. Ds has had excellent leather shoes from Asda , clarks sale online, clarks outlet. With supermarket shoes you just have to sort the dross out and you'll often find leather ones. With a child that young fitting is quite important. I have gone into john lewis childrens shoe department and said i haven't got a big budget and they have found end of line high quality shoes for me for £15, their own brand shoes are good too. Clarks outlet fit as well.

FuckOffJeffrey Sat 05-Mar-16 10:05:23

Depends on they type of shoes you are after. My budget has been drastically reduced this past year so I have been buying DD cheaper shoes than I normaly would and it's not been as bad as I thought.

Her current school shoes are from Tesco. They cost £13, they are made of leather and are narrow fit. (They also had standard and wide fit). The leather is not as soft as the ones sold in clarks, start right and inde shoe shops but they do have leather inners (clarks don't) and have managed to stay scuff free after 2 months wear.

She also has a pair of trainers from Tesco that cost £10 and look a bit like the sketchers she was asking for.

T K Maxx can be quite good but it's really luck what they have in the size you need. My local one has a ton of start right shoes in at the moment in infant sizes and they are priced around £15. They also have some hush puppies and various brand name trainers around the £20 mark.

I've tried deichmann shoes and shoe zone before and found the shoes didn't last well at all so it was a bit of a false economy as they needed replacing quickly.

Also look out for shoes in aldi. I got DD a pair of the sandals (like leli kelly) last year and they held up well considering the battering they got from DD over the summer. I think they cost about £7.

OneofTHOSEWomen Sat 05-Mar-16 10:13:57

Schuh imperfects? www.schuh.co.uk/imperfects/?utm_source=Blog&utm_medium=direct%20&utm_campaign=309_imperfects&_$ja=tsid:45492#imp=1&g=2|Kids%20Unisex,5|Kids%20Boys,8|Kids%20Girls

herecomesthsun Sat 05-Mar-16 10:35:15

We like Geox, they are very long lasting and if you know the size are often good value on Amazon. My daughter had one pair for £23 and loved them, I got the next size up for £13.

FuckOffJeffrey Sat 05-Mar-16 10:47:34

OneofTHOSEWomen that link is great I didn't know they sold these. I thought they put the ex display shoes on their ebay shop.

OneofTHOSEWomen Sat 05-Mar-16 13:53:26

Free delivery and shoes usually arrive within a couple of days. Can't really argue with that can you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now