HOC sprinter winter- anyone else around?

(17 Posts)
UnitedQueendom Thu 03-Mar-16 19:29:58

Hello, just had my colours done today. Finally. I'm a sprinter winter! I found an old thread but can't see the latest one, is anyone aware of one or anyone want to join me here? Thanks!

QueenC Thu 03-Mar-16 22:21:21

I'm a sprinter too smile. Had my colours done about 3 years ago. What are your best colours?

UnitedQueendom Fri 04-Mar-16 09:59:47

Hello Queen my best colours are royal purple, mole, fuschia, shocking pink, raspberry, scarlet, Chinese blue and lagoon blue- as well as all the ice colours! Lots! I was mainly relieved that I can still wear black, missing the point a bit maybe!

QueenC Fri 04-Mar-16 10:47:28

You'll do well this season as I've seen lots of ice colours in the shops. Stock up as you don't often find them.

Weirdly my best colours are different to yours-basicslly the blues and greens and damson. I was relieved to have black but I rarely wear it anymore as ive realised that navy looks so much better on me.

Did you buy any lipsticks?

UnitedQueendom Fri 04-Mar-16 11:04:32

Yes I've bought lipsticks and have a red on today but feel ridiculous. My husband doesn't like it either- probably just because it's a change. Great that there are some ice colours in the shops, ill have a look! Are you blonde?

QueenC Fri 04-Mar-16 11:07:13

My husband hated the red too. But I quickly realised that red isn't really me anyway. I love the fuschia, damson and soft burgundy lipsticks though.
I am blonder. Are you?

QueenC Fri 04-Mar-16 11:07:49

I'm just going shopping so I'll do some links later.

UnitedQueendom Fri 04-Mar-16 16:23:15

I wiped the red off on my hand as I walked through town- not a great start! I'm blonde, hoping to go a bit darker and ashier now that I've had this done, I find hairdressers always want to give you loads of highlights if you're blonde and it's not really what suits me. I'm trying to resist the urge to do loads of shooing straight away, even tempted by the kettlewell catalogue for some basics. I'm pregnant so won't be in any normal clothes for much longer, guess it's a good time to start weeding my wardrobe. Are there any shops in particular that you find good as a winter?

misslemonsfilingcabinet Fri 04-Mar-16 17:27:52

Hi! Burnished winter here, so navy (woop), black, raspberry, deep green. The ice colours don't score very highly my card but they've been a bit of a revelation, nonetheless. French connection usually do one or two ice coloured tops, which I wear under jackets or cardis.
I don't follow it religiously but when I get stuck the card thingy is quite helpful for trying some more unusual combinations, getting ideas. Never bought into the lipstick thang though!
Have fun with it. QueenC (curtsey) where else have you seen true ice colours please?

misslemonsfilingcabinet Fri 04-Mar-16 17:30:57

Actually I take it back about French Connection- the Polly Plains range used to have a good ice v pale mint/blue and a really true white. All gone muddy this season by the looks of it. Agree ice colours are hard to find and need v careful laundering!

QueenC Fri 04-Mar-16 20:58:34

camisole

UnitedQueendom Fri 04-Mar-16 20:59:45

That is gorgeous Queen!

QueenC Fri 04-Mar-16 21:01:29

Have a look in jigsaw as I think they may other in the same colour.

QueenC Fri 04-Mar-16 21:04:04

top. I was tempted by this but hate chest pockets

QueenC Fri 04-Mar-16 21:06:11

UnitedQueendom Fri 04-Mar-16 21:10:04

Love that top even more

QueenC Fri 04-Mar-16 21:16:22

I can't remember where i've seen other things but I definitely have. I tend to notice the ice blue most as that's what looks good on me but i've definitely seen ice mint and pink. I noticed that m&s seemed to have lots of lemon stuff today but it may have been proper lemon rather then ice lemon.

I bought the clinque chubby stick in pudgy peony today. Bright but sheer so woukd be a great introduction to colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now