Talk

Advanced search

Oh, a tash

(21 Posts)
BlimeyCrikey Thu 03-Mar-16 18:18:27

Well that appeared out of nowhere. Either that or I've been walking about with it for ages and everyone ignores it.

Options please? Is threading evil? Is wax going to destroy my overly-sensitive skin?

To make things more interesting, I can't use veet sensitive, even on my legs, it burns.

BlimeyCrikey Thu 03-Mar-16 18:18:51

Who uses those teeny tiny razor things?

Thelwell Thu 03-Mar-16 18:21:07

What colour is it?

BlimeyCrikey Thu 03-Mar-16 18:23:40

Very light brown but visible enough.

BubsAndMoo Thu 03-Mar-16 18:29:29

I got one of those epistick thingies for a pound from Amazon. Watched a YouTube vid on how to use it and boom done. Easy as.

Thelwell Thu 03-Mar-16 18:32:51

OK, then sensitive skin wax is best first try, IMHO. Clean skin. Do one side first and wait 24 hours. That way if it goes red will not look too much like a mustache-removal injury wink. Don't do it at all within 48 hours of any kind of exfoliating. Good luck.

chocolateyy Thu 03-Mar-16 18:33:34

I get mine threaded at the same time as I get my eyebrows done. Not horrifically sore, but still not something I look forward to.

Does nothing for the 1 BLACK hair on my chin, that grows overnight

BlimeyCrikey Thu 03-Mar-16 18:37:27

I love an eyebrow wax, those threading stick things scare me! I have one and have never attempted it - maybe I'll try.

Whatdoidohelp Thu 03-Mar-16 18:51:21

Veet facial wax. Clean skin beforehand. Smoother on and rip off. Do not moisturiser afterwards or you'll be left with an attractive whitehead rash.

BlimeyCrikey Thu 03-Mar-16 19:01:10

Erm. I tried the twisty Spring thing. It got stuck. confused

bonzo77 Thu 03-Mar-16 19:30:33

Another one for veet wax strips.

dragonsarebest Thu 03-Mar-16 20:26:53

If you thread/use the spring thing, try to do it in first half of your cycle. If I do it in second half I always always end up with horrible inflamed ingrown spots. Have learned my lesson now, finally!

RumAppleGinger Thu 03-Mar-16 20:32:28

I find threading much more painful than waxing on my upper lip. I used to pay someone else to do it but do it myself now and it's not so bad.

First time I ever had it done I couldn't believe how much lighter my face look.

UnGoogleable Thu 03-Mar-16 20:33:50

I use the little wax strips, works well for fine hairs, then I tackle the more stubborn ones with my tweezers.

God I'm so attractive.

I wouldn't put hair remover cream anywhere near my face.

Minshu Thu 03-Mar-16 22:00:07

I'm another fan of the epi-stick. Sorry to hear it got stuck!!

Wax gave me a 'tache of zits instead...

More recently, I've been using the Philips Lumea - I love it!! While I still have light downy hairs that I can epi-stick off if I feel like it, but the visible moustache has gone.

MountainDweller Fri 04-Mar-16 00:15:10

I have a dark one and just bleach mine. Don't fancy the spiky regrowth if I remove it! Doesn't seem like a popular option, though would hopefully avoid the rash (unless allergic!) and the epilator-getting-stuck issues!

UnGoogleable Fri 04-Mar-16 07:52:33

I used to bleach mine, but then I realised I had a blonde tash.

Also I couldn't be arsed with the waiting around with bleach on my face. With wax strips it's over in an instant apart from when I dither because I'm too chicken to pull it off

There's no spiky re growth, the hairs are so fine I don't feel them.

bigbutsrus1 Fri 04-Mar-16 08:27:07

I thought that waxing can make your top lip turn into a cat-bum mouth! I tried the epi stick thing but seemed to break off the hairs. Threading is good but I am not very good at making appointments for such things! I watched a YouTube video on threading but kept making my fingers bleed where the thread cuts in.......hence I have a blonde Tashkent

bigbutsrus1 Fri 04-Mar-16 08:27:29

Tashkent?!? Tash

nearlyovertherainbow Fri 04-Mar-16 17:06:22

Haha "Tashkent" has really tickled me!

UnGoogleable Sat 05-Mar-16 12:59:38

What do you mean by cat bum mouth? Do you mean it gives you wrinkles??? Not sure to be honest, I just do it and it seems ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now