Talk

Advanced search

anyone ever bought a Stella McCartney bag?

(11 Posts)
DiscoDancer Wed 02-Mar-16 22:23:45

What's the quality like? Have seen one in my local tk maxx today, I really like it but would like it to last for several years rather than just a few months.

Nettletheelf Wed 02-Mar-16 23:12:09

Doesn't she avoid leather? So you'd be getting something made from PVC or fabric, which probably won't be that durable.

friendissues1 Wed 02-Mar-16 23:34:54

Was going to say the same thing. Would never buy a fake leather bag but depending on style might buy a canvas one.

I would assume anything in TKMaxx will be made especially for them and not up to the sane standard as the Stella bags you'd buy either in a Stella or on a website like net a porter

DiscoDancer Thu 03-Mar-16 06:35:06

Ah that changes things then. Gutted - really liked the bag too sad

DiscoDancer Thu 03-Mar-16 06:37:57

http://www.tkmaxx.com/view-all-womens-new-in/cream-chain-trim-messenger-bag/invt/11368578

It's this one.

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 03-Mar-16 06:46:12

I have the same one in black and love it . TK Maxx have a gold range which is designer out of season , looks like one of those .

SparePantsAndLego Thu 03-Mar-16 07:04:57

Definitely a genuine Stella bag but I wouldn't risk that colour in anything other than leather and even then I'd be wary and v careful of it.

AmberNectarine Thu 03-Mar-16 10:33:49

I have a Falabella bag (tote style with the chain around the edges). It is faux suede, obvs, and it is excellent quality - I have no doubt it will be more durable than genuine suede and I am really pleased with it!

Mine came from Selfridges and cost £££ so definitely snap up a bargain!

Patapouf Thu 03-Mar-16 16:53:31

I can't bring myself to spend that much on a pleather bag after the LV neverfull mistake

The style is cute though

PortobelloRoad Thu 03-Mar-16 17:26:50

I have that bag! It's great, really good quality. I also have a Falabella, excellent quality. Go for it.

DiscoDancer Thu 03-Mar-16 21:41:56

It's gone! Not meant to be... Love that style though....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now