Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wedding dress help please

(10 Posts)
Eminybob Tue 01-Mar-16 08:31:50

I'm getting married in May. Eek!

It's a very very small wedding, just DP, me DS and Bil and sil as witnesses with their DP.

Registry office followed by (posh) pub lunch.

I do want a weddingy type dress, but without being too bridal. Ideally looking for something Ivory, knee length and possibly with lace.

I like the one in the link below (tried and failed to post a clicks link sorry) but I'm a generous size 16 with big boobs and a mum tum. (On a diet so hoping to drop a dress size before) then but either way, I'm curvy so not sure something tight is the way to go. I like the idea of a bit of stretch though as I'm a funny shape so anything too structured never fits right (I'm slim on the hips)

If anyone would like to help me, it would be much appreciated. Budget around £200. Thank you smile

http://www.aliestreet.com/uk/occasionwear/item/ASLDIS/Lila-Wedding-Dress-Short-Ivory.html?partner=google_shopping_UK&partner=google_uk&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=UK_Shopping_Alie+Street_Wedding+Dresses&utm_term=.E&esvt=1404-GOUKE208904&esvq=&esvadt=999999-0-25790-1&esvcrea=87167294169&esvplace=&esvd=m&esvo=ASLDIS&esvaid=50055&gclid=CJSEg_v7mssCFSwq0wodvLEMog

HighHopes16 Tue 01-Mar-16 09:54:22

That dress is lovely!

What about something like this?

www.chichiclothing.com/products/Chi-Chi-Flora-Dress.html

They have other lengths/colours and sleeve types too.

Daisyandbabies Tue 01-Mar-16 10:44:15

I love that dress, how about trying it with Spanx? Good luck x

mrsmortis Tue 01-Mar-16 12:01:56

Where are you? If you want style guidance how about booking a personal shopper at John Lewis or somewhere like that? You don't need to buy what they suggest. But it would give you ideas of shapes etc.

Eminybob Tue 01-Mar-16 12:08:17

Oh that's nice high hopes thank you.

Yeah I was thinking some sort of control underwear Daisy and size up so it doesn't cling. It's just so hard when you can't try stuff on.

Eminybob Tue 01-Mar-16 12:11:00

Thanks Mrs M that is a good idea. When I was a size or so smaller I did tend to suit a shift shape. However since I've had DS I'm not sure my stomach area will ever look good in that type of dress again!

cissyfuss Tue 01-Mar-16 14:31:09

I like the Chi Chi dress that Highhopes found... I think that style might be more flattering if your worried about your tummy... I couldn't find much else out there in your price range and a shorter style... I'm sure you've looked at Phase Eight but they're a bit more spenny...

I had a look at Etsy, and this shop might give you some other options...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/238637613/baylis-knight-cafe-latte-cream-nude-lace

Eminybob Tue 01-Mar-16 17:45:32

Thanks cissy.
I've not actually looked at phase right, I'll have a gander. Hight street wise I did look in coast, monsoon, debenhams and bhs but not seen anything.

dibly Tue 01-Mar-16 22:09:52

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1950s-60s-Tea-Length-Vintage-Style-Satin-and-Tulle-Ivory-Wedding-Dress-UK-14-/272124760552?hash=item3f5be651e8:g:8xwAAOSwSHZWgDXE

Eminybob Thu 03-Mar-16 13:04:35

That is beautiful dibly but perhaps a little too weddingy for my non-wedding wedding

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now