Talk

Advanced search

Denim Pinifore

(20 Posts)
Aworldofmyown Mon 29-Feb-16 16:27:09

How do we feel about this dress?
www.fatface.com/clothing/dresses-skirts+tunics/icat/womensdressesskirtstunics

I know its fat face but I rather like it as a casual change to jeans on the school run.

Am I turning into mumsy mum?

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 29-Feb-16 18:39:56

Weirdly, I bought this yesterday - I had never even been in Fat Face before but it was hanging at the door! I'm returning it. The denim is really soft and feels like it would stretch out if you sat on it, and I think there are nicer denim pinafores out there for less money. (Have a look on ASOS, for example.) If you go for it, size down. I am usually a 12 on the bottom and it was massive so I took the 10, which is still pretty big.

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 29-Feb-16 18:40:53

Oh, I should actually say that link just took me to the main site on iPad but I assume you meant the blue denim number.

ItGoesWithoutSaying Tue 01-Mar-16 06:12:16

Yes to a denim pinafore. No to that one. The shops are full of them at the moment. I bought one from New Look a few weeks ago and have loved it. It's a bit shorter than the FF one - which avoids the "mumsy-ness", perhaps?

camelfinger Tue 01-Mar-16 06:23:54

I've got the New Look one. It is pretty short, not benddownable. I don't feel mumsy in it, perhaps slightly mutton if anything. But it does look nice, and makes a change b

Aworldofmyown Tue 01-Mar-16 14:01:35

I'm pretty tall, so couldn't get away with any shorter. The Fat Face one is well above my knees!!

I quite liked the stretchiness as i'm 10 months post baby!! Hmmm, I think i will keep it and try on a few more times.

What shoes should I wear with it? I have some flat, tassel shoe boots that I thought may look nice and less mumsy!!

Aworldofmyown Tue 01-Mar-16 14:02:06

Oh yes, sorry it wouldn't let me link to the actual dress!

MrsMarigold Tue 01-Mar-16 14:16:27

Topshop has some good ones, so does urban outfitters and &otherstories. I would love one but after consulting some friends they said that style is best left to my three year old DD - such a pity!

theclick Tue 01-Mar-16 14:17:31

I bought one from primark - which seems to be sold out now but is a very nice one in comparison to one they have in now, and another black one from ASOS. I want to wear them so badly but afraid I'll look like a wannabe six year old.

ItGoesWithoutSaying Tue 01-Mar-16 16:33:14

So you've bought two and haven't worn them? Get on with it!

Saw a woman, who must have been in her mid-fifties, wearing a black one, a bit above the knee, with thick black tights the other day. She looked great.

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 01-Mar-16 22:49:30

Oh, I also have the New Look one waiting to be returned - it barely covered my arse! I bought one from ASOS in the tall range and am keeping it, which hits a few inches above my knee and I'm 5ft 6, dark blue denim, nice and structured and with patch pockets on the front. I have the Topshop one in cord (again from the tall range) and have worn it loads with a blouse underneath, opaque tights and either brogues or ankle boots.

hownottofuckup Tue 01-Mar-16 22:53:54

Which denim one are we looking at? The ugly one with the pocket on the front or the nice one with the buttons down the front?

amarmai Tue 01-Mar-16 23:08:02

me too-like the dungaree dress better.

ItGoesWithoutSaying Wed 02-Mar-16 08:57:05

I have this one from New Look. It's short (5'4" here) but does cover my arse - or maybe I'm just a bit more shameless grin!

I liked the button-through one but as I already have a button-through denim skirt thought I'd go for this one. It must look Ok as my DM, who normally vocally disapproves of anything I wear, said I looked nice when I was wearing it!

fresta Wed 02-Mar-16 10:13:47

Gosh, I must be really old! I would only ever put those dresses on a toddler or a maybe they would look quirky on a teenager.

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 02-Mar-16 12:05:15

This is the one I got: www.asos.com/ASOS-Tall/ASOS-TALL-Denim-Pinafore-Dress-With-Patch-Pockets-In-Rich-Blue/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5452464&istCompanyId=6f061ed0-7427-4b6c-bb90-987c0bd08468&istItemId=qtpqxxxwq&istBid=tztx&affid=14173&channelref=google+shopping&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=116194148665&utm_content=&utm_campaign=&cvosrc=ppc.google.116194148665&network=g&mobile=&search=1&content=&creative=84679634541&ptid=116194148665&adposition=1o2&r=2&mk=ab&gclid=CKyN9Nvni8sCFSEz0wodTlUGxg

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 02-Mar-16 12:05:33

Oh, God, sorry, what a mess.

theclick Wed 02-Mar-16 17:56:50

Obv the primark one was only £12 and ASOS I got in the sale for £21

I wore the ASOS one today with a white peasant blouse and it worked and got a few compliments so I think it will be a go to during spring..its just doing it for the first time which is harder!

Aworldofmyown Wed 02-Mar-16 20:51:57

hownot the ugly one!!!

The shape of that one suited me better as it has a defined waist - see post baby comment!!! Otherwise I look like a ball smile

Mouthfulofquiz Wed 02-Mar-16 21:03:59

I bought one today in sainsburys... £20, denim with a slight stretch.
I'm normally a 12 but 31 weeks pregnant so got an 18 and it fits great and I think it looks cool (considering my current shape!)
I will be wearing it with ankle boots and thick tights tomorrow and in the summer it will be easy access for breastfeeding (and I'll adjust the waistband on my sewing machine when I get back to usual size...)
I love them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now