Talk

Advanced search

hooded eyelids - non surgical solution?

(20 Posts)
IWantToLiveInPawnee Mon 29-Feb-16 11:59:16

Is there anything i can do to minimise my hooded eyelids? They are getting worse as I age.

I noticed that if I raise my eyebrows, they lift. Looks like I'll have to have a fringe cut in and be in a permanently judgemental and disapproving mood.....grin

cathyandclaire Mon 29-Feb-16 12:04:25

I want the answer to this too, I googled and found that you can get a brow lift effect with Botox but it could leave you looking like Spockshock or little tape strips from Japan that change your eye creases. Am too wimpy to try either..... So please share pics if you're made of sterner stuff grin

burnishedsilver Mon 29-Feb-16 12:41:02

I had botox for this. It worked. The difference was subtle. It was enough that I was happy with it but it didnt stand out that I'd had something done. The results lasted about 10 weeks. It adds up lot of money for something that needs to be done so frequently so I didnt keep it up but I think I'll end up going back to it.

I've also seen a small improvement using retinol. Its not that the skin is lifted as such. Its just that its creasing less so the eyelids look less saggy. Aparently retinol 'creeps' so that it works on the areas around where you are actually applying it. Having seen this I've dectided to kick it up a notch and go for Retin A.

ppeatfruit Mon 29-Feb-16 15:17:47

My eyelids were 'hooded' in my 20s and I gave up dairy, problem solved grin.

Much cheaper than botox!

IWantToLiveInPawnee Mon 29-Feb-16 16:17:43

Really? Mine seem a genetic feature, iyswim? How long after giving up dairy dos you see a difference?

Cocolepew Mon 29-Feb-16 16:19:28

Eyelid tape.

CurlsLDN Mon 29-Feb-16 16:20:07

Join the Facebook group 'mrs Goss and the gloss'. ladies on there have had great success with the bits of tape a pp mention, and have shared photos and links of where to get them. Sounds mad but seems to work!

Cocolepew Mon 29-Feb-16 16:21:02

I have photos on there with my tape. Its ace grin

burnishedsilver Mon 29-Feb-16 16:27:40

Can the tape be seen when you blink?

Cocolepew Mon 29-Feb-16 16:29:44

Nope. Not unless your are right up peering into someones eye.

ppeatfruit Mon 29-Feb-16 16:48:46

IWantoLive I couldn't tell you I just suddenly noticed they weren't there. I had lost weight and was also following a very healthy diet grin

IWantToLiveInPawnee Mon 29-Feb-16 16:55:36

Don't go on FB, can you post another link or details?

I feel so ugly at the moment, it's like I've hit 40 and all the bits that I am insecure about seem to have grown (fat nose) or are exacerbated. shock

FuckOffJeffrey Mon 29-Feb-16 16:56:39

I have some of the tape strips but don't use them much as they are fiddly to apply with the little fork thingy. I've also read that the tape can cause even more drooping in the long run due to the skin pulling when off again. I have included a picture for you of what the strips and tool looks like to give you an idea if you are thinking of buying them.

FuckOffJeffrey Mon 29-Feb-16 16:58:42

*taking them off again

RonaldMcDonald Mon 29-Feb-16 18:42:14

My mum had her upper eyelids 'done' last year
one of her lids was drifting into her vision but in truth she also wanted it done for vanity as well as necessity

it cost her £1500 - was done under local and it looks excellent
no one knows she had it done (I think the watchword is subtle) - she travelled to the US to join me on holiday to recuperate and was looking absolutely fine after about 10 days

it has given her eyelids again

madmomma Mon 29-Feb-16 23:42:17

Oh Ronald that is so tempting... I'm trying to hold off until I'm 45 but maybe 40 would be better.

ppeatfruit Tue 01-Mar-16 10:12:12

IwanttoLIve I began the Hay diet in my 40s . That is not eating heavy protein and carbs at the same meal and only eating fruit BEFORE a meal. btw I don't follow it religiously I just go by my experience with all these things I know they sound obsessive but i look and feel much better than people 10 years younger than me, so it must be working!!

Iam now on the Blood Type Diet and Paul Mackenna I Can Make You Thin (I didn't want to be thin just slim and Iam now , Iam maintaining too grin).

ppeatfruit Tue 01-Mar-16 10:14:44

I also do some exercises from a book about Internal Healing by Stephen Chang some of them for eyes and eye bags which work!!

madmomma Tue 01-Mar-16 11:14:17

fruit I heard really good things about the hay diet years ago. A radio show with naturopaths on it. They used to recommend it to everyone.

ppeatfruit Tue 01-Mar-16 12:37:54

Yes madmomma I had IBS and researched it. it cured me! It's old fashioned but it makes loads of sense, now even more considering how bad a 'normal' diet is! When I started it I lost a stone almost immediately! I don't carry it to extremes 'like eating fruit 4 hours after a normal meal" But it's brilliant in a lot of ways.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now