Has anyone bought a designer bag from brand alley?

(15 Posts)
confuseddotcom82 Sun 28-Feb-16 18:12:33

I bought a navy Gucci disco from brand alley and it arrived yesterday. It looks great but I'm slightly concerned it might be a replica and I wondered if anyone had any experience of buying other bags from there?

faustina Sun 28-Feb-16 18:31:12

I've never bought a bag from there (lots of other things though), but I'm fairly sure all their goods are genuine. What makes you think it might be a replica?

Larastheme Sun 28-Feb-16 19:18:04

A couple of years ago, there was something about prada bags of "infringing nature" being sold one brand alley,

confuseddotcom82 Sun 28-Feb-16 19:54:45

I would say the bag itself looks good but when I googled the serial numbers several of them come up on what I would call questionable resale sites. I think Gucci do give some bags the same serial numbers but it still makes me a little uneasy.

After the issue with the Prada bags I would have thought they would have been whiter than white. However it was still a fairly expensive bag and I wouldn't pay that for a replica. In fact I would not but a replica at all no matter how authentic it was or how cheap.

I know that if I like the bag it shouldn't matter but I'm thinking about resale values etc.

Larastheme Sun 28-Feb-16 21:15:18

can you return it? You don't sound so sure about it

The issue is , places like discount sites are very murky, they will state that the majority of their products comes directly from the desginer which is %100 true but they will never say if these are rejects or not, as they are not dealing with them on regular basis like other retailers, once the products pass quality control they are shipped to retailers and all that is left are the products that are not fit for sale in stores,and even those are moved to other warehouses

justasecond Sun 28-Feb-16 21:30:53

I bought the same bag op. I must admit the same thought crossed my mind when I opened it but having looked at a few youtube unboxings I was satisfied that it is genuine. However I think it could possibly be a reject/second. Bit concerned now about serial number thing you mention as I like you would never buy a replica.

I was initially really happy with it but was considering returning it today anyway and getting a mini marcie instead. In fact I ordered a the marcie earlier on to see which I prefer.

confuseddotcom82 Sun 28-Feb-16 21:49:53

Justa would you be happy to tell me your serial number to see if they are the same? To be honest I'm not fussed if the bag is a regect or a second only that it's genuine.

Lara I am really unsure. I do like the bag, and it was an excellent price if it is genuine. I can return it so that's always an option.

justasecond Sun 28-Feb-16 21:54:24

its 308364 498879

justasecond Sun 28-Feb-16 22:01:21

a quick google shows that this number has been used on fake ones...

confuseddotcom82 Sun 28-Feb-16 23:35:27

Yes that's the same number as mine. I think it's not just a serial number it can be something to do with the supplier/retailer, and could also mean they are seconds/outlet stock I suppose.

AimHigh100 Mon 29-Feb-16 06:15:18

Have you thought of taking it into a Gucci store? They won't be offended if you go in to ask.

pickledsiblings Thu 07-Apr-16 14:03:31

OP, what did you do about the bag then? Keep it? Return it?

Dollyvita Wed 01-Jun-16 15:50:47

Hi ladies,
I bought a disco bag on brand alley in February. The sewing started to come undone so I took it to Gucci to have it fixed. They spotted that it was fake straight away. This bag was sent off for authentication and they have confirmed that it is a fake. They have advised me to go to trading standards. If you are unsure about the authenticity of your bag call Gucci and give them the serial number.

BigGreenOlives Sat 18-Jun-16 18:47:47

This is scaring me as I took delivery of a Gucci Disco bag yesterday. The code is 308364 498879. I have had a look to try & see whether or not it is a fake. I suppose I could take it into my nearest Gucci shop to see.

Dollyvita Sat 18-Jun-16 19:34:27

Hi BGO, give Gucci after sales a call and tell them the number they can look it up on their database and hopefully put your mind a rest. I have received a full refund for mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now