Talk

Advanced search

How to treat acne pitted scars?

(6 Posts)
lancerate12 Sun 28-Feb-16 17:11:57

Hi all,
I have got an acne pitted scar and few holes( like blackheads) in my face. I just read online vitamin e oil helps to reduce the scars.. Has anyone tried it or got any solution for it?

Thanks in advance

lancerate12 Mon 29-Feb-16 06:38:57

Bump!!

Daisyandbabies Mon 29-Feb-16 09:38:32

You can't without surgery if they are true pitted scars. Laser resurfacing (proper resurfacing where you are advised not to leave the house for 3 weeks afterwards) will help as will punch surgery. No creams or oils can create the skin to fill in the holes. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! I'm waiting for an appointment to a dermatologist for my scarring. I once paid to see a derm and they told me please not to waste any money on creams and facials as its impossible, like trying to grow a foot on a footless limb by rubbing foot cream on it xx

Daisyandbabies Mon 29-Feb-16 09:42:22

It sounds like yours is very minor though to be honest and would certainly not warrant any kind of surgery! I have quite a lot of scars, all different types. If I was you, I would just accept them and focus on how nice the rest of your skin is X

Ididnthearanything Mon 29-Feb-16 10:00:52

You won't be best pleased with what I say, but I really don't think any oil is going to make much difference. Time will make a little difference. But if you're v concerned, for scarring like you describe you need the big guns - laser, fillers, maybe a plastic surgeon.

Try mother nature and father time first. If that doesn't improve things, see a good cosmetic dermatologist.

Daisyandbabies Mon 29-Feb-16 13:08:41

Mine have gotten worse with age which is rubbish! Got the few pits on my cheeks at age 17 and now at 29 they look more indented than ever sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now