Talk

Advanced search

scarves- why so expensive?

(10 Posts)
PollyPerky Sun 28-Feb-16 16:59:56

Looked at The White Company, Mint Velvet and Jigsaw- be lucky to find anything nice for under £40 yet it's one metre of material.

poorbuthappy Sun 28-Feb-16 17:03:21

TK Maxx.

KateSpadeAddict Sun 28-Feb-16 17:03:46

About to say the very same poorbuthappy

originalmavis Sun 28-Feb-16 17:04:39

I buy them in the sales and have a cupboard full of them in loads of colours and materials. Yes, they are expensive for what they are.

HypnoticButton Sun 28-Feb-16 17:13:10

I got the most beautiful scarf from eBay for only £5.99.

Get compliments on it every time I wear it!

I'll try to link

NantucketNightbird Sun 28-Feb-16 17:40:41

Agree tk max is brilliant for scarves. I bought a lovely thin lace white one the other week. They have loads to choose from.

BackforGood Sun 28-Feb-16 17:43:05

Charity shops are your friend. They always seem to have LOADS - usually £1 each, sometimes £1.99, but sometimes 50p. I think it's the sort of thing people buy as a present when they don't know the person very well, so I think a lot then get moved on to the charity shops without really being worn. You'll find a huge range there.

Twinklestein Sun 28-Feb-16 19:33:38

Another vote for TKMaxx.

I've bought Valentino, Moschino and Missoni scarves there for less than that OP.

TK Maxx here too. I also have a couple of nice ones from Topshop, Warehouse and H&M but you have to search through a lot of dross, especially in H&M. Accessorize sometimes has nice ones too.

vanillabeauty Sun 28-Feb-16 20:14:58

I love primark scarves

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now