Talk

Advanced search

Help me find my mum a perfume

(11 Posts)
DrWhy Sun 28-Feb-16 16:49:23

I'd like to buy my mum a lovely Mother's Day present as we lost my Dad last weekend and although she's coping better than I could have imagined she's bereft and I'd like to do something little that will make her smile even for a moment.
She mentioned this morning that a perfume she had bought at the airport last summer was running out. I'm travelling this weekend so I thought I could replace it, however having searched it was a limited edition fragrance for 2015 in a certain brand of duty free shop, which I won't be near.
The perfume is Givency jardin precieux - I was hoping that one of you folks could suggest something I could get hold of with a similar scent? I'm not really a perfume person so have no idea where to start.
Alternatively if you can find a way of getting hold of it online in the UK or the Netherlands or in The Hague or Amsterdam airport that would be amazing too. I've drawn a bit of a blank.

MrsCocoa Sun 28-Feb-16 19:00:12

You could try The Perfume Society's diagnostic tool here.

DrWhy Sun 28-Feb-16 20:13:52

Thanks MrsCocoa unfortunately the one I'm after isn't on their list of recognised perfumes but it was definitely a good place to try.

HerRoyalNotness Sun 28-Feb-16 20:29:45

I've found it on a US site here

us90 delivered to uk

MissBattleaxe Sun 28-Feb-16 20:32:37

Look it up on fragrantica.com. The site will tell you what smells similar in case you can 't get the exact same one. I'm so sorry for both of you for your sad loss. You sound very kind.

Alasalas Sun 28-Feb-16 20:37:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

outtheothersidefinally Sun 28-Feb-16 20:43:49

Listed as a similar scent: www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Kenzo/Kenzo-Floralista-23502.html

sisterignatius Sun 28-Feb-16 20:51:42

What sad news, I'm so sorry. Why not try this unusual and interesting site for perfume inspiration -- real people talking about the perfumes they wear or have worn in the past and what the perfumes and scents mean to them. You might find someone who has similar tastes to your mum. www.wewearperfume.com/

DrWhy Sun 28-Feb-16 21:28:50

Thank you all so much. I will try contacting Givenchy, I would never have thought of that. If they can't help me the US site does ship to the UK, I'm not sure if it will make it by Mother's Day though. If it hasn't arrived by Friday I could see which of the similar ones suggested by fragrantica I could pick up in duty free on my way home then save the Givenchy one for her birthday when it arrives.
You are all lovely, thank you!

DrWhy Thu 03-Mar-16 19:23:56

The Givenchy be is on its way from the US! Thank you.
Going to explore in Schipol duty free tomorrow for an actual Mother's Day present that I'll have for the day.

cressetmama Thu 03-Mar-16 19:57:39

A happy ending! Very sorry about your family's loss. Every good wish for you and your mum at this difficult time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now