Talk

Advanced search

Dress wearers, how do you keep warm?

(9 Posts)
OldJoseph Sun 28-Feb-16 11:14:56

Just that really. I bought a couple of dresses in the hope that they'd be easier but they're not warm enough without a cardigan on top. Then I'm not sure what sort of cardigan plus I'd need it done up to keep warm.

Recommendations of warmer dresses or good combinations of dress / cardigan / underwear appreciated.

herecomesthsun Sun 28-Feb-16 11:41:21

Thick tights/ boots/ scarf and jacket or cardie, style depends on the dress.

Cashmere cardie can give warmth without bulk. Brora have flash sale on, still very expensive.

I have a faux fur lined biker jacket that is warm with skirts and dresses, but it isn't current season.

And often wear a knee length coat with a knee length skirt/ dress.

Afishcalledchips Sun 28-Feb-16 11:45:49

Dependant on dress, I wear long sleeve tops underneath, and thick tights or leggings.

MamaLazarou Sun 28-Feb-16 11:46:20

Thermal vest, fleece-lined tights and fur-lined boots!

GarlicBreadItsTheFuture Sun 28-Feb-16 11:47:25

It depends on the dress. With some I wear Uniqlo heattech tops underneath, otherwise a cardigan or jacket on top.

IAmAPaleontologist Sun 28-Feb-16 11:50:41

uniqlo heat tech tops and thermal tights usually and a cardi.

If anyone has suggestions for really good chunky, warm cardis though then I'd love some links! I onl have thin ones (uniqlo ultra fine merino for eg) but I'd love a nice chunky one.

Hulababy Sun 28-Feb-16 11:53:46

I always wear dresses for work. It's rare for me not too.

In the winter I team them with thick tights (I have some fleece lined ones for cold playground duty days) and a cardi. I wear boots or shoes, it varies. On particularly cold days - and when I know I'll be outside a lot - I have some thermal vests too.

Nettletheelf Sun 28-Feb-16 12:28:51

Thermal vests all the way.

OldJoseph Sun 28-Feb-16 13:10:59

Looks like I'll need some thermal vests.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now