Talk

Advanced search

I don't really understand oxidising foundation

(3 Posts)
HairsprayQueen Sat 27-Feb-16 17:11:09

I have Estée Lauder double wear which looks ok when I put it on but after a few hours looks too orange, is this what they mean is oxidising?

Does oxidising mean that the formula will always be wrong for me no matter which shade? For example I could afford to go a shade or two lighter and but would that still go orange or would it be ok as it started lighter?

I really like the formula and finish but obviously can't go round being orange!

Hope this makes sense.

MitzyLeFrouf Sat 27-Feb-16 17:45:31

Yes oxidization is when foundation changes to an orange colour on your skin. I think it's caused by the PH level of your skin because a foundation that oxidizes on one person may not change at all on someone else. You might want to try a silicon primer on your skin beforehand, that will act as a barrier between the foundation and your skin's oil.

HairsprayQueen Sat 27-Feb-16 22:19:41

Ah that's useful thanks- I have a tube of porefessional that I never remember to use so I'll try that tomorrow.

Otherwise if I buy a lighter colour (the one I used today was probably more suited to my summer skin really) in the same range it'll likely do the same because of my skin?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now