Talk

Advanced search

Paula's Choice - Views, Recommendations

(4 Posts)
GrimDamnFanjo Sat 27-Feb-16 12:11:07

At the moment I pretty much use a varied collection of skincare - double cleanse, acid tone, hylauronic acid etc. Am mid Forties so looking at some retinol based products.
Wondering about trying the Paula's Choice range for dry/anti-aging.
Over on Beautypedia, the range is described as nothing less than the Second Coming ;)
Anyone got any thoughts?

FrustratedFrugal Sat 27-Feb-16 14:38:35

Beautypedia is PC's marketing arm - so the reviews are hardly impartial.

Wolpertinger Sat 27-Feb-16 19:27:13

I like it. The reviewing rules on Beautypedia are the same for all products - but all Paula's Choice products will meet the rules which is why they come out top.

In terms of acid toners and retinols Paula is very very good. The AHA and BHA products will all be correct pH, good % of acid, no fragrance, no silly irritant ingredients etc etc. I'm oily/combination so have always gone BHA when I think you will want AHA but nothing has ever been as good as Paula.

I haven't used her retinol as I'm a Retin A user but it's meant to be good and I would be very surprised if it wasn't another very well formulated product.

However for stuff like cleanser and moisturiser where you don't really need to spend that much, I wouldn't both and I would save my cash and buy cheaper elsewhere I bloody love Cerave

GrimDamnFanjo Sat 27-Feb-16 20:28:38

I was being ironic when I mentioned Beautypedia - hence asking for any real life product users smile

I'm thinking that using the boosters and retin products are the way to go - thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now