Talk

Advanced search

my skin is freaking out!

(10 Posts)
smudgedlipstick Fri 26-Feb-16 22:16:37

Any advice?! My skin has always been sensitive dry, but about 7 or 8 months ago I had a coil fitted and my skin has gone mental and I am covered in acne. I have had the coil out for about 4 months now and it hasn't gone back to normal. I feel like I have tried so everything and nothing has worked. Any suggestions to what I can do/products I can try?

FannyBurney Fri 26-Feb-16 22:45:07

Bad skin can make you miserable, though I'm sure it doesn't look as bad as you think. Your gp should be able to tell you what kind of acne it is. Mine turns out to be not acne or rosacea at all, as I thought it was for years, but perioral dermatitis. There are lots of things that can help, whatever it is, some of them only available on prescription. Don't keep trying everything in the chemist, as cutting right down on products is often beneficial.

smudgedlipstick Fri 26-Feb-16 23:06:17

Trust me it's pretty awful, my face is so sore most of the time. I hadn't thought about going to the docs about it if I'm honest, I feel like i would be laughed at confused

smudgedlipstick Fri 26-Feb-16 23:07:24

And yes I am miserable over it sad

FannyBurney Fri 26-Feb-16 23:18:50

You poor thing. I've been there, on and off at various stressful times in my life and in several uk counties. I've seen maybe four or five GPs for skin related woes over a period of perhaps 20 years and they have always taken it seriously and each time have offered a range of options to help. You don't just have to put up with bad skin. Please give it a go.

rosyvalentine Fri 26-Feb-16 23:26:51

I developed bad acne at 25 due to a hormone imbalance caused by stress. I had never had any skin problems before - even as a teenager. My GP put me on Minocin - a tetracycline antibiotic - and it cleared it up within weeks. Might be worth a try. Good luck!

Indecisivejo Sat 27-Feb-16 07:09:26

Hi, what are u currently using and what have you tried?

Wolpertinger Sat 27-Feb-16 07:13:55

You would not be laughed at.

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Sat 27-Feb-16 08:40:13

You will not be laughed at by the doctors.

I also agree with the PP who said not to try every product in the chemist. Problem with many face creams is that they contain chemicals known to potentially cause skin issues, even if they are marketed as for "sensitive skin" or "hypoallergenic". Yes, I'm looking at you Simple you zit-producing load of crap!

acneresearch2015 Sat 05-Mar-16 16:30:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now