Talk

Advanced search

sunglasses, face shapes and where from?

(10 Posts)
sacbina Fri 26-Feb-16 20:25:07

I never seem to have found any that really suit me. When I go on my own I can't really tell if they're ok, my mum sits on the fence and my dh is no use.

I don't want to spend a huge amount as the dc come along and help lose them or break them!

Any top tips? ?

prettywhiteguitar Fri 26-Feb-16 20:27:13

Beats me, I always look an idiot.

I'm temped to buy Ray Bans just because everyone else is and maybe I will look as cool grin

It won't work, I'll be the only one they don't suit

sacbina Fri 26-Feb-16 20:53:31

grin that'll be me too!

higge Sat 27-Feb-16 08:07:53

What shape of face do you have?

sacbina Sat 27-Feb-16 14:42:30

Oval shape with a high forehead

higge Sat 27-Feb-16 14:53:30

You should suit lots, oval is quite easy - have you tried going into an opticians and seeking their advice?

specialsubject Sat 27-Feb-16 15:46:35

sunglasses are a consumable, especially in your circumstances. Get them from a chemist stand or even from an outdoor shop. Optician ones cost a fortune.

make sure they are protection 3 or higher, wrap around properly to protect from UV and ideally not with someone else's name on as that always looks ridiculous. Beyond that - doesn't really matter too much, you don't wear them as much as prescription glasses so have some fun.

sacbina Sat 27-Feb-16 15:58:31

Haven't been in an opticians no, never seen any that aren't really small.

higge Sat 27-Feb-16 20:57:04

Opticians carry the more expensive brands - but they are really good at helping you find glasses that suit - once you know the style that works for you then you can buy something cheaper.

I have had my favourite glasses for 8 years now - I see them as an investment - I hate glare, but have had an expensive pair pulled apart by dd and another pair chewed by the puppy. Thankfully companies like Maui Jim replace the broken bits.

MsMillyMollyMandy Sat 27-Feb-16 21:25:49

TK Maxx is a good place to try lots of shapes and styles

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now