Fleece jacket with buttons?

(11 Posts)
Kiteflying27 Fri 26-Feb-16 11:46:14

I'm on the hunt for a warmish/fleece jacket, but don't really want it to look too much like a typical fleece so maybe buttons instead of zip? Has anyone seen anything like this?

It's the eternal quest for an easy jacket to chuck on for the school run, but happen to look effortlessly chic at the same time, surely that's straight forward...Ideally it would be marl grey and under £100, but let's not get picky😀
Really hope someone can help, I'm going screen blind with searching!

skinnyamericano Fri 26-Feb-16 13:47:39

I don't think you'll get a chic look with fleece fabric - what about a thick jersey blazer?

skinnyamericano Fri 26-Feb-16 13:50:43

Something like this?

hugoagogo Fri 26-Feb-16 14:57:52

here you go

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 26-Feb-16 16:41:59

Ooh I was going to suggest Landsend.
I had a fleece blazer similar to your link hugo but two buttons not three. (got outgrown sad )
I loved it and have been considering replacing it.

hugoagogo Fri 26-Feb-16 16:51:39

I am tempted by them as it's often freezing at work, but I'm worried it would go bobbly and scruffy after a while.

£40 is quite a lot for a fleece.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 26-Feb-16 16:54:16

I got a link at the side of the screen that said it was reduced to £30 grin

Mothers Day Present for me I reckon....

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 26-Feb-16 16:55:57

BTW , mine didn't go bobbly or scruffy, I got too lardy sad
I washed it on a gentle cycle , hung up, (like I would a nice jumper), no problems.

MountainDweller Fri 26-Feb-16 17:14:08

I have a Land's end one and really like it. The fabric is quite thin but perfect for spring!

specialsubject Fri 26-Feb-16 18:08:27

fleece is warm, lightweight and dries quickly. Therefore very practical. I don't see why a fleece jacket is deemed to be so unacceptable - perhaps it isn't allowed to be comfortable?

I've got several and most of them look fine after lots of wear. It was the expensive logo'd one that went bobbly - that's fashion for you...

Kiteflying27 Fri 26-Feb-16 18:26:13

Thank you very much, I would never have thought of landsend, I'll have a good look now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now