Talk

Advanced search

Bra Intervention- my tape measures telling lies

(14 Posts)
bblondemoment Fri 26-Feb-16 08:09:30

Hi, dedicated today underwear shopping and after measuring (about eight times) my tape measure tells me that I'm 32 under bust and 39 at widest point whilst bent,which if I've followed the advice here makes me a 32G ????? However that cannot be right - I have little fried eggs and when I stand sideways I look like an ironing board.
Can anybody come along and correct me please?

dementedpixie Fri 26-Feb-16 08:23:00

32F by my calculations (did you remember DD?). Remember all F cups are not the same so a 32F is much much smaller than a 38F as the cup size is related to the back size

bblondemoment Fri 26-Feb-16 08:38:09

Thanks demented, did indeed forget DD blush

CMOTDibbler Fri 26-Feb-16 08:46:58

I'm a 30FF and would describe myself as small busted. Before being interventioned I was wearing a b cup. I look vastly better for being in the right sized bra!

ImMeMe Fri 26-Feb-16 08:56:24

Yeah I'm a 28g and bra less I would say I look tiny.

marriednotdead Fri 26-Feb-16 09:06:00

Am hazarding a guess by your description that your breasts do not project forward much, but are perhaps distributed across the width of your chest almost to your armpits?

In that case, the bras you choose may need to follow a similar shape to be comfortable. Many half cups are good for that, I particularly favour the Freya ones.

bblondemoment Sat 27-Feb-16 14:37:00

Went to m&s yesterday and all the f cups I tried on were empty at top of cup - felt like I was playing dressing up trying them on, went up back size and smaller cup 34E but still no good .So confused

dementedpixie Sat 27-Feb-16 14:49:58

If the back size fitted why did you increase it? You could have tried a different cup size with the smaller back size

Humphriescushion Sat 27-Feb-16 14:54:41

Also did you scoop? Not an expert but gleaned this information from the experts here. Hopefully someone can explain this if you did not.

dementedpixie Sat 27-Feb-16 15:42:06

Plus a 32F will have the same cup volume as a 34E so the fit would be roughly the same with both. The figures give a rough size guide but different brands/styles will give different fits so best to try sizes around what is given

bblondemoment Sat 27-Feb-16 15:58:05

Demented I went up a band size because the 32 was very tight . Think I'll try debenhams next. I even remeasured last night after coming home from m&s because convinced myself I'd somehow measured wrong the three times I done it as the fit was so wrong

dementedpixie Sat 27-Feb-16 16:11:02

It could also be the styles you try. Did the 34 feel better? It can depend on how much padding you have at your rib cage too.

Talisin Sat 27-Feb-16 17:08:06

If you try the Debenhams own brand bras then you probably will need to go up a band size as they tend to come up small. Try different styles - I have a similar problem with the top of the cup being empty but if I go down a cup size I bulge out under my arm. Best fits for me are plunge and half cup (balconette).

CMOTDibbler Sat 27-Feb-16 17:17:39

If they were empty at the top, try a half cup - it suits a not forward projecting shape.

I like the Freya Patsy or the Cleo Juna is worth a look, though on me it looks more balconnette than half cup

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now