Talk

Advanced search

Hair clips/ bobbles/ bands etc- any advice for something other than a boring pony tail?

(8 Posts)
Bouncearound Thu 25-Feb-16 14:37:23

I've got thick wavy brown hair just below shoulder length and more often than not end up shoving it in a pony tail or messy bun. I hate anything 'tight' that pulls on my head and the clamp style ones irritate m!
I'm sure at some point i had some kind of elastic attaches to a bar that twisted it up but can't remember where or when I got that.
Does anyone have any suggestions for hair accessories that might work?

LemonBreeland Thu 25-Feb-16 14:44:47

You could have a look on Amazon. I have a topsy tail from there, although that might pull hair too tight for your liking.

Bouncearound Fri 26-Feb-16 12:44:33

Thanks- that looks ok but don't think it would cope with my thick hair! I shall investigate further smile

octopusrus Fri 26-Feb-16 14:41:44

Invisabobbles are comfy - you can get them on Amazon.

amysmummy12345 Fri 26-Feb-16 14:44:41

If it was 1985 I would have suggested banana clip... Man I loved those!!

BlueEyeshadow Fri 26-Feb-16 16:59:45

Claire's Accessories have a thick hair range - you might find something in there that suits you.

superbfairywren Fri 26-Feb-16 17:11:00

Popbands?

Pufflehuff Sat 27-Feb-16 15:28:00

Pinterest and Youtube are full of easy braid tutorials; I've also been buying books of the 'braiding for beginners' types, which are really helpful. I actually don't wear ponytails or anything metal as I'm trying to grow it and avoid any breakage, and braiding will keep the hair secure and safe from tangles and metal bits (if you tie it off with something soft like a ribbon-tie or snag-free band.) So, you could look up braids, buns, braided buns and maybe French twists too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now