Talk

Advanced search

What are these pimply bumps on my face?

(7 Posts)
Run247 Thu 25-Feb-16 11:34:19

Apologies for this gross picture!

I have had these little pimply bumps on my face for a couple of years. Since moving to the UK from a sunnier climate, actually!

Nothing changes them- acne products, using the pill, and exfoliating is only a temporary fix that only kind of works.

They aren't too visible unless you take a closeup photo, or look closely at my face.

I'd love to be rid of these yucky lumps!

LondonHuffyPuffy Thu 25-Feb-16 11:43:53

They look like milia to me - keratin trapped under teh skin. Lots of people get them - I have a few recurring ones on my cheeks. Acid toners have helped to reduce them

Run247 Thu 25-Feb-16 11:50:42

Ooh ok, I will give that a go. It does just feel like congested skin rather than pimples..

fresta Thu 25-Feb-16 11:52:31

I'd say it's keratosis pilaris. Use a BHA or an AHA to help smooth them. Keratosis pilaris improves in the sun so will explain why it's worse living in the UK.

ThomasSofty Thu 25-Feb-16 12:14:37

I have them too, especially on my cheeks. I acid tone but haven't noticed an improvement, maybe I need to use something stronger.

MamaLazarou Thu 25-Feb-16 13:26:32

I have these on my jawline. I have been using a clay mask on them every other evening and using acid toners: alternating between salicylic and glycolic. Some of them go away and some of them come up into proper spots - horrible, but then at least a spot is easier to squeeze treat than a bump!

mintbiscuit Thu 25-Feb-16 23:01:42

Oo, was just reading something online today about something like this. There is a skin condition that can often look like acne but it's not. It's called pityrosporum folliculitis and it's a fungal infection. One of the treatments for it is using an anti dandruff shampoo as a face cleanser eg. Head and shoulders.

Not saying that's what you have but might be worth researching?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now