Bra fitting - Gtr Manchester/Cheshire/Lancs

(14 Posts)
FarinaHuevos Thu 25-Feb-16 09:06:10

I definitely need to be fitted correctly, body has changed over the last year or so.
The place I used to get fitted has changed ownership and is now more of a lingerie shop than a place to get a decent bra.

I've never tried JL - any good? Or can anyone recommend a good independent in the NW.

KatharinaRosalie Thu 25-Feb-16 09:47:20

Bravissimo, 42 King St, Manchester?

amazonianwoman Thu 25-Feb-16 10:05:12

Bravissimo or John Lewis both very good

LetsDoThis74 Thu 25-Feb-16 10:21:24

Everyone on here raves about Bravissimo but they sold me two bras that didn't fit me at all, and the woman who sold me the second bra was wearing a very ill fitting bra, she came towards me with all four of her boobs jiggling like mad, that should really have warned me off!

There is a very good self measuring guide on here that posters refer to, that's how I found my right size, coupled with trying different styles until I found a perfect fit. maybe one of the kind bra enthusiasts will come along and link you to it and offer their advice.

FarinaHuevos Thu 25-Feb-16 11:44:09

I'll try JL at Cheadle. Awful experiences at M&S years ago put me off and I went to a fab independent for about a decade.

Bravissimo is for those who are more blessed in the breast area than myself!

Joneseygirl77 Thu 25-Feb-16 13:00:17

Second JL at Cheadle. They're great- actually got me into some great comfortable bras post 13mo breastfeeding- I actually look like I have a chest again!

FarinaHuevos Thu 25-Feb-16 13:14:23

Thanks Jonesey. Did you have to make an appointment?

Joneseygirl77 Thu 25-Feb-16 13:35:17

No I just went in one day and someone saw me within 15mins. Can't remember if it was a weekday or not- think you'd be fine on a weekend.

Elfontheedge Thu 25-Feb-16 13:38:40

If Blackburn is handy for you there is a great independent there I can recommend.

amazonianwoman Thu 25-Feb-16 14:38:37

I've never had to make an appt at JL Cheadle, weekday or weekend.

Bravissimo isn't just for big busts! A D cup is only 4 inches difference between rib cage and fullest part, not huge at all.

bigbadbarry Thu 25-Feb-16 14:41:32

Vallerina in Hoole (Chester) is pretty good

Youremywifenow Thu 25-Feb-16 16:19:02

I love Pour Moi. The factory is in Macclesfield and they have a shop there which I've unhelpfully forgotten the name of, it has a typical provincial boutique name like Panache or something. They are lovely and helpful and actually make the underwear so they know exactly how to fit it properly.
They also have a Pour Moi shop in Chester now.

madamginger Thu 25-Feb-16 16:26:50

Love your fit in bury is great. Little independent shop with lovely staff

GrimDamnFanjo Thu 25-Feb-16 17:36:07

I totally recommend being personally fitted. I'm in the north west and I was fitted by TJ from www.bralady.co.uk. She can size on sight! I'm rather well blessed and was able to get the look I wanted rather than just putting up with what fitted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now