Talk

Advanced search

Are the brow bars in Super Drug any good?

(8 Posts)
longdiling Wed 24-Feb-16 11:59:50

I want to get my eyebrows threaded and I noticed super drug have a brow bar, are they any good generally? Do I need to choose my brow bar carefully to avoid eyebrow calamity? I've never had them threaded before. Thanks

leghoul Wed 24-Feb-16 12:19:45

depends who is doing it! I have used them in London and they've been vry good, have saved small fortune switching from shavata and so on to superdrug

leghoul Wed 24-Feb-16 12:20:56

I did once have a terrible threading experience, but it wasn't in superdrug. All other times have been fine.

peaz1 Wed 24-Feb-16 12:28:40

Our Superdrug one is great. No problems, and half the price of the girls who do them right outside the store (inside a shopping centre).

longdiling Wed 24-Feb-16 13:11:07

Sounds positive! Thanks, I'll give it a whirl!

DianaT1969 Thu 25-Feb-16 09:21:38

Speaking generally, I find the standard of threading in the UK very poor. Leaning into your skin, cutting across in a sawing motion like they're slicing cheese. I lived in Turkey for years and the threaders there barely touch your skin. It's faster, painless - just slight discomfort - and light handed.

MamaLazarou Thu 25-Feb-16 13:30:21

I have never had a threading in the UK where the therapist hasn't taken too much off. However much I plead with them, they always end up too neat/thin/far apart. In Asia it is even worse! I would rather have them waxed any day (hurts less, too).

seoulsurvivor Thu 25-Feb-16 13:53:08

I had them done once in Superdrug. She did a good job - not too thin and she was quick about it. Pretty painless too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now