Talk

Advanced search

Where do you buy your gym kit (especially if you're short)?

(15 Posts)
Millionprammiles Wed 24-Feb-16 08:48:08

I used to rely on M&S for short lengths but they seem to either have super tight leggings or v loose track pants, nothing in between.
Could do with some new t-shirts too, probably something arse covering if I'll be wearing leggings.
Am thinking cheapish (no thanks Sweaty Betty) but that will wash well. TKMaxx has been great in the past but can't seem to find anything suitable there now.
Grateful for any recs...

MrsSeanBean Wed 24-Feb-16 08:52:47

Ah shame, I was just going to suggest Sweaty Betty! Their cropped length leggings are good (not so cropped) on me. Try their sales?

TK Maxx is so variable, you have to keep hunting as you never know what will turn up, I agree it's depressing when they are having a bad spell as sometimes happens!

MelanieCheeks Wed 24-Feb-16 08:59:54

Sports Direct! DH took me there for Valentines Day, and it's a veritable treasure trove.

taybert Wed 24-Feb-16 09:30:11

Sports direct or decathlon.

Millionprammiles Wed 24-Feb-16 09:33:47

I never thought of Sport Direct - thought it was all trainers and hoodies. We've one locally so I might give it a go. Any particular brands to get/avoid?

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Wed 24-Feb-16 09:38:08

Sports direct.
Tesco

I wear Lycra running tights type things and even though I'm a real short arse I find even normal ones fit ok.

BumbleNova Wed 24-Feb-16 09:43:06

H&M! really great gym kit, really cheap. washes really well. I have a couple of pairs of cropped leggings from there and I'm around 5'3.

MyNameIsSuz Wed 24-Feb-16 09:45:59

Yes to h&m! They have some lovely stuff and not all of it skin tight either.

Germgirl Wed 24-Feb-16 09:49:43

Sainsburys. Don't laugh. They have some lovely things. (I walked past them yesterday on the way to the cakes smile )

Sheusedtobesomeonelse Wed 24-Feb-16 09:56:55

Well i was going to say H&M too - some of their stuff is very good (running tights, tops - I havent tried their bra tops as i need serious support).

I saw in store it was developed with the swedish olympic team so must be good wink

Roxy do very good sport stuff, too, really soft (chaffing with labels a big problem for me).

Veterinari Wed 24-Feb-16 10:00:21

Everlast vests, karrimore running hoody and Helly Hansen leggings in the sports direct sale

Cakescakescakes Wed 24-Feb-16 10:02:38

Sports direct or Gap. There are so many discount codes for Gap all the time that it makes the prices fairly reasonable and the leggings are great. (I'm 5'3").

Millionprammiles Wed 24-Feb-16 10:20:47

Hadn't clocked H&M do gym kit...must check that out.

NisekoWhistler Wed 24-Feb-16 10:25:26

Primark or H&M work really well for me. Get tonnes of wear out of them and they wash well

MelanieCheeks Wed 24-Feb-16 12:48:34

I'm 5'2. In Sports Direct I bought a running coast and sort of matching capri leggings, one set in green and one in purple, by Karrimor. Also an Everlast hoody. And gloves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now