Talk

Advanced search

Wedding - dress code is 'garden party'

(11 Posts)
TheDowagerCuntess Wed 24-Feb-16 08:17:47

What would you wear to a wedding with this dress code?

It's in late summer and will likely be very warm.

I have a couple of things I could wear, but naturally fancy something new.

Just looking for inspiration really, as I'm not in the UK and while many shops ship overseas, not all do.

Thanks. smile

specialsubject Wed 24-Feb-16 12:07:47

all weddings look like that, don't they?

just the standard floaty flowery, 'dress like the sofa' job that everyone wears. Except me because I would not be seen dead in anything like that.

or ignore. As long as you don't turn up in a white meringue, it's fine.

Ginmakesitallok Wed 24-Feb-16 12:09:31

I've just bought a dress from lindy bop,along with a petticoat to wear to a spring wedding. It's fabulous if I do say so myself!

RuddyHellItsSoftCell Wed 24-Feb-16 12:10:17

There's a thread on s and b called 'could I wear something like this' that has got some pics of lovely skirt and top combos.

PassTheMead Thu 25-Feb-16 18:55:22

There is a website called Joe Browns that has some gorgeous dresses in a very "garden party" feel

OnlyHereForTheCamping Thu 25-Feb-16 19:00:29

It's fairly pretentious to have a dress code imo, I am going to a 'morning dress' one in April, might turn up in my pjs.

TheDowagerCuntess Thu 25-Feb-16 23:17:36

Perhaps OnlyHere, but knowing the couple, not in this case.

Thanks for the suggestions - I've bought something from Lindy bop - a lot of it is a bit too rockabilly for my tastes, but there's some lovely stuff there too, and v cheap.

PurpleDaisies Thu 25-Feb-16 23:23:36

I'm desperately looking for an excuse to buy this...
www.bryonyandco.com/womens-dresses-c48/beatrice-long-sleeves-in-light-blue-orchard-p1161

So much prettier and more flattering in real life. Perfect for a garden party.

TheDowagerCuntess Fri 26-Feb-16 00:12:07

That's lovely, PurpleDaisies - sleeveless, and it would've been perfect.

gonegrey56 Fri 26-Feb-16 14:51:07

Hobbs has the most gorgeous floral swing coat coming into stores/online in March. I have seen it and it is beautiful. You could wear it over a shift dress or floaty trousers etc . Keep an eye out for it !

TheDowagerCuntess Fri 26-Feb-16 17:44:37

That does sound lovely - though it will be too hot to even have sleeves on the dress, let alone a coat! It would be perfect for a spring wedding, though. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now