Talk

Advanced search

Dress for a lunch part

(6 Posts)
motherigloo Tue 23-Feb-16 21:49:49

Close family members 60th is coming up soon.

Would love a new dress for the occasion. It's a nice lunch but not the ritz so nothing tooooo formal.

I'm tall and slim (no boobs or waist to speak of). Work style shift dresses suit me but they are a bit officer for a lunch party!

Budget £150 max. Ideally more around the £80 mark.

Normally shop in Hobbs, whistles, h&m, Zara and Oasis.

All suggestions welcome! I'm online shopped out

daftbesom Tue 23-Feb-16 22:13:50

Have you had a look at John Lewis online? Their search facility is good - you can specify dress length, neckline, sleeves, colour, price etc to suit. Really narrows it down.

I like this one

ChristmasEvePJs Tue 23-Feb-16 22:59:55

Do you have any colours you prefer? Sleeve/no sleeve?

I feel the one suggested already is a bit much for a family lunch, but maybe I am a bit plain.

The hobbs cornelia dress is lovely and could be dressed up with a statement necklace and heels for the lunch or down with flat sandals and a cardi for spring.

Linea, Grey and Willow and damsel in a dress @ house of fraser are all worth a look.

MrsSeanBean Wed 24-Feb-16 09:57:30

www.theoutnet.com/en-GB/product/Splendid/Slub-and-stretch-jersey-mini-dress/697832 this is nice, although a bit plain. The waist detail could accentuate your waist? I usually tend to opt for something like this which I could wear again in no dressed down way. [boring emoticon]

motherigloo Thu 25-Feb-16 20:53:04

I like all those options! But none quite right. sad

Top one too dressy. Second one gorgeous but better for work. Third one I love but I can't wear black or dark grey, it doesn't suit me!

daftbesom Fri 26-Feb-16 12:30:01

Seriously, check out the John Lewis online facility- you can really narrow it down e.g. to colours you DO like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now