Talk

Advanced search

Is there such a thing as an underwired or strong support nursing bra?

(19 Posts)
BettyBi0 Tue 23-Feb-16 20:17:47

I'm really not sure why underwriting should be such a no no for breastfeeding. If the bra is well fitted etc. Last time around I bought countless floppy rubbish bras after fittings at Mothercare and M&S but none of them really gave proper support or shape to my boobs.

Sorry for the TMI but my boobs are normally quite loose and low hanging so when my milk came in it was like two heavy bowling balls I old tights. (Yeah.. Really attractive haha!)

Anyone out there have any good suggestions for practical nursing bras? 36D to E

WorrisomeHeart Tue 23-Feb-16 20:20:52

The Anita ones are great. I lived in this one - really supportive but not constricting.

www.nursingbra-shop.co.uk/anita-white-5068-underwired-nursing-bra~243?gclid=CO-uk9_ajssCFagy0wodSsAFJQ

WorrisomeHeart Tue 23-Feb-16 20:21:18

Oh and I was a 36g when feeding DS so not on the small side!!

Ididnthearanything Tue 23-Feb-16 21:32:43

I second the Anita ones. The only decent ones I could find when I was feeding.

CleopatraCominAtcha Tue 23-Feb-16 21:40:28

I second the Anita. More supportive than it looks and a world away from the mirror-horror non-wired jobs.

rocket74 Tue 23-Feb-16 21:41:08

I had several from Bravissimo and they were all supportive and comfortable. A good fitting is essential. Really recommend going. M and S are useless at fitting.

rocket74 Tue 23-Feb-16 21:42:04

Oh and I was 38 GG So support was important!!

KatharinaRosalie Tue 23-Feb-16 21:46:50

Underwires are totally fine when BFing as long as they fit properly. Freya Pure is one to try. Or just buy normal bras and convert yourself, not difficult to do.

Ughnotagain Tue 23-Feb-16 21:53:31

Has anyone seen any nursing bras that are underwired in a 30F? The ones I've seen either do a 30 but no bigger than a DD, or will do F but no smaller than 32 angry

mrslebon Tue 23-Feb-16 21:56:27

I'm not sure what sizes are like but H&M do underwired nursing bras.

trixymalixy Tue 23-Feb-16 21:59:36

Anita here too and I was an H cup when I was breastfeeding.

Ewa michalak do them, as do Freya and Anita - the first two should definitely be available in a 30f.

mrsmortis Wed 24-Feb-16 09:02:23

Try searching for a brand called hotmilk. They do 'flexi-wire' bras. As a 34g they worked for me.

taybert Wed 24-Feb-16 09:24:16

Freya pure is the best I could find. It wasn't stocked in any shops but my local bra shop stocks freya and she ordered it for me. It's seamless moulded cups too so no massive seams across your norks. It's almost as good as a normal bra. Almost.

The alternative is to convert a normal bra - you can buy kits on ebay.

SuiGeneris Wed 24-Feb-16 09:33:33

Ug: Royce Charlotte nursing version is v supportive and goes up to at least 30K. I breast-fed for 4.5 years in total and the ones I bought after boobs went back to a more normal 30E-F I still use now (no longer breastfeeding) because they are comfortable and still look good.

mrsvilliers Wed 24-Feb-16 10:23:09

I wore normal M&S underwired bras in a soft material, fitted myself and didn't bother converting. I had to hoik myself out of the proper nursing bras regardless of straps so it didn't make a difference. Underwired never bothered me.

KP86 Wed 24-Feb-16 10:42:33

Freya is great. They have nursing bras with flexi wire in them which is like underwire but not as stiff.

Bravissimo don't stock Freya nursing bras but if you look online you should be able to find a store that does.

KatharinaRosalie Wed 24-Feb-16 13:26:11

Oh yes, that's the third option that I'm also personally using - just wear normal bras, slide strap down your shoulder and hoik yourself out. Works very well and you don't need to fiddle with the clasp. Although some people claim the can't do this, so not sure why it doesn't work in all cases. You do need a relatively low cut of bra for this, half-cups are ideal, probably a little challenging in a full cup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now