We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Black jeggings that don't fade!

(13 Posts)
AuntieMaggie Mon 22-Feb-16 22:32:46

I've got a couple of pairs of sainsburys black jeggings that I love but they've faded angry where can I get some for larger sizes that don't fade?

MaryMarigold Mon 22-Feb-16 22:35:10

Next

Fozzleyplum Mon 22-Feb-16 22:35:58

In my experience, all jeggings fade, especially at the knees. I re-dye mine from time to time, using Dylon washing machine dye.

AuntieMaggie Thu 25-Feb-16 08:05:22

I'm destined to live with fading then sad

CoolToned Thu 25-Feb-16 11:29:44

Mine faded, but considering they still look decent after two years constant wear, I'd say they're pretty damn good. They're from American Eagle Outfitters.

Drinksforeveryone Thu 25-Feb-16 11:37:12

Do NOT buy the marks a d Spencer black jeggings. I have them and 'as soon as I put them on the attract fluff. It's a shame as they are very comfy and flattering but I can't wear them in public.

AuntieMaggie Thu 25-Feb-16 14:03:59

Why do no other colours fade???

elotrolado Thu 25-Feb-16 14:22:43

Anything that has a high cotton percentage and is a solid colour will fade unfortunately. The only jegging-esque ones that don't fade for me are Sainsbury's stretch trousers which are a viscose/nylon/elastane mix. But they don't have a jean look to the fabric.

The M&S 5 pocket black ones used to be good but are now rubbish. The Autograph ones are twice the price, but excellent.

mamacasshadahairyass Thu 25-Feb-16 18:59:23

Have you tried Woolite dark for washing them? I use it for all my dark stuff and Ive noticed a real difference.

CoolToned Thu 25-Feb-16 19:40:52

I got a couple of Calvin Klein black jeggings during the last sale.

The staff told me what she does with hers is, she does not use detergent when washing. Just put it on a cycle with water. Then detergent every six times, or so.

HappyGirlNow Thu 25-Feb-16 22:21:32

Just dye them back to black! I do this with all my black jeans from time to time...

burnishedsilver Thu 25-Feb-16 22:29:28

The problem might be your washing powder rather than the jeggings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now