How much wardrobe space do you have?

(25 Posts)
StuffEverywhere Mon 22-Feb-16 14:22:55

How much wardrobe space do you have?

Just that. Both for you and your partner. Kids clothes don't count - that's a different story altogether.

I'm two minds whether to 'extend' the wardrobe space (which can't be done in an easy straightforward manner) or to reduce the amount of clothes we wear.

Quickchangeup Mon 22-Feb-16 14:29:49

My DH and I share a wardrobe. I regular sized two door type thing. We also have 3 drawers each. I pack away clothes that are out of season,and coats, into storage bags and they are under the bed. I had a huge cull of my wardrobe as I would rather have fewer better quality things I love and want to wear. The wardrobe is by no means full, there's plenty of space for things to hang nicely.

mrsmeerkat Mon 22-Feb-16 14:30:44

We have a walk in wardrobe and I have a rail about 2 Metres as does dh.

I only hang jackets and coats and about ten outfits as I mainly use a chest of drawers. Summer clothes and occassi on wear are kept under the bed so it is easy and hassle free.

Declutteredmy wardrobe about three times due to recent preganancies. Kept one bag of my favourite too small things charity shop got the rest.

Are you sure you have decluttered before buying more storage?

Roseberrry Mon 22-Feb-16 14:33:54

I have 2 hanging stuff wardrobes, one is long for dresses and the other is separated to two levels for tops. Then I have one wardrobe of shelves.

DP has the same but has twice the depth hmm

Roseberrry Mon 22-Feb-16 14:35:24

Have you decluttered yet? Do that before you buy more storage. How much space do you have?

StuffEverywhere Mon 22-Feb-16 18:52:55

We've got a cornered wardrobe, so about 2m rail altogether, 50cm x 4, one of those 50cm bits is on the corner and hard to reach so that's where fancy party stuff is. I have the other 50cm part for work clothes, and DH has the other 50cm x 2. DH also has 4 shelves underneath the rail, I have 2 shelves + 1 shelf space in the corner. I declutter regularly and right now there are a few bits that can go, but it's literally a few items, it won't make a big difference. DH, in my view could declutter more, but doesn't. There's always stuff hanging in random places in the room because it won't fit inside, and it drives me insane.

MadisonMontgomery Mon 22-Feb-16 18:55:46

Double wardrobe & chest of drawers in my room, single wardrobe & chest of drawers in spare room. Plus some summer clothes in storage boxes under the bed. Think I might have too many clothes!

oldlaundbooth Mon 22-Feb-16 19:00:39

I have two large wardrobes. Three 'chester' grin drawers.

I still have way too much stuff.

DH has the same.

YaySirNaySir Mon 22-Feb-16 19:09:52

Two wardrobes for me- I hang most clothes and one is just for jackets.
DH has one and two chests of drawers.
DD has three double wardrobes and DS has a walk in wardrobe.

poocatcherchampion Mon 22-Feb-16 19:12:50

We have the same set up as you. I've got 4 things hanging and 4 smart dresses. Probably about a dozen things in storage as I'm on the way down from maternity wear.

Dh uses about a metre in total inc work shirts I think, but well spaced out.

We have tonnes of space basically!

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 22-Feb-16 19:44:29

I have a double wardrobe of hanging space, with a lower rail for things like jeans. Also shelves in the next unit, and a chest of drawers. DP keeps most of his clothes in a separate wardrobe in the spare room, but has folded jumpers etc in the shelves, and socks/boxers in the chest. We also have a walk-in coat cupboard. I possibly have too much stuff.

StuffEverywhere Mon 22-Feb-16 20:19:18

poocatcherchampion - I assume you have drawers of some sort then! 4 things + 4 dresses are not ALL you clothes?

mowglik Mon 22-Feb-16 20:38:47

I have 3 double wardrobes and also a walk in wardrobe for my going out dresses blush also a few drawers. Half of them are 'ethnic' clothing though, so for different occasions than your normal jeans/skirts etc. DH has one double wardrobe for his suits and shirts and one for his normal clothes.

I do need to cull though and stop buying new clothes until I've done this mass sort, I'll probably have half of it left if I go by what I wear

MotherBluestocking Mon 22-Feb-16 21:44:31

Two double wardrobes, one full height, one with rail and drawers under. Chest of drawers. Built in cupboard for evening wear and out-of-season clothes - two rails, one above the other. Coat storage. Another double wardrobe and two singles and a chest of drawers in a different house.
I do have too many clothes, but I love most of them.

poocatcherchampion Mon 22-Feb-16 21:54:07

Ha no I also have a chest of 3 drawers grin

I'm on minimalist clothing though and I love it!

StuffEverywhere Mon 22-Feb-16 22:49:25

Phew, poocatcherchampion, there's minimalist clothing, and then there's minimalist clothing you know grin

It's probably drawers that I'm lacking, actually. I've got everything on hangers including t-shirts for sport simply because there's so little space on the shelves...

JaceLancs Tue 23-Feb-16 00:08:43

I have fitted wardrobes which probably have the hanging space equivalent of 2 double wardrobes, and also 4 large shelves for jeans leggings jumpers and t shirts
Also have 2 small chest of drawers either side of bed which I use for underwear, nightwear, and things like socks and tights
No one to share with so all mine
Coats have their own cupboard in hallway

poocatcherchampion Tue 23-Feb-16 07:13:06

grin I don't think I would ever have anything clean if I only had 4 things!!

SparklesandBangs Tue 23-Feb-16 07:28:53

We both each have 3 doors of wardrobe/hanging space and 5 wide drawers, I really need to have a sort out as the are jammed full and I only wear about half the stuff. It is all my clothes though, I don't put away my summer stuff in winter etc. DH has shirts in his that haven't seen daylight in 5 years.

megletthesecond Tue 23-Feb-16 07:37:34

A double Wardrobe. 5 drawer chest of drawers and a 3 draw chest of drawers. And the back of the door, and the outside of the slatted wardrobe doors, and the bannisters...... blush. In my defence I've been the same size for 20 yrs so only clear out tatty clothes. Everything else comes in handy and I suspect dd will want my 'vintage' (ha ha) topshop stuff in a few years.

StrapOnDodo Tue 23-Feb-16 07:49:42

Half a single wardrobe, two big drawers and one small drawer. Out of season in airing cupboard. I like having a small space as it forces me to edit if I buy anything new.

becauseican Tue 23-Feb-16 11:35:18

I have a double bedroom, turned into a dressing room with 2 walls of ikea fitted wardrobes and a chest of drawers as well. Probably wouldn't need all that space if we were both brutal with the spring clean but I rather like having no wardrobes/clothing in the actual bedroom.

hippopootamus Tue 23-Feb-16 12:56:02

Two small wardrobes, large chest of six drawers. Doubled since I got rid of DH grin

annielostit Tue 23-Feb-16 13:00:50

We have 2 double robes with 2 drawers in our room, another 3 door in a spare room, stuff under the bed and its bursting out everywhere... I need to get rid. Most of them are too big!!

ElasticPants Tue 23-Feb-16 13:44:19

Two wardrobes with shelves in the middle for bags and shoes and chest of six large drawers.

Dh has a small wardrobe and dc have a rail and 3 drawers each.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now