Talk

Advanced search

No!No! or Lumea?

(16 Posts)
CountryRoadTakeMeHome Mon 22-Feb-16 13:25:45

So I'm thinking of investing in one of these and would love some advise from users of each.

Looking at online reviews the No!No! doesn't fair too well. Obviously the Lumea is much much more pricey but seems to work well.

My skin is on the fairer end of mid tone (?!) and I tan easily and my hair is mid brown. My problem area is my bikini line. I have waxed, epilated, veeted and shaved but the regrowth is unmanageable. I get a lot of ingrown hairs which can become infected so it's not a pretty site! blush I like to be well groomed in this department and unfortunately it's occasionally on show due to my job (I know what your now thinking and hope you are wrong wink). I would also use the system on my legs too as I have to go to work on them 3 times a week also. All very time consuming!

I'm leaning towards the Lumea and whilst I know it's not permanent it seems the best solution in my current hairy stategrin

MadameDePompom Mon 22-Feb-16 16:10:18

One is cheap with crap reviews, one is expensive with impressive reviews.

I say no no to the No!No!

MadameDePompom Mon 22-Feb-16 16:11:31

Recent Lumea thread

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2556891-Omg-my-lumea-is-amazing

SqueegyBeckinheim Mon 22-Feb-16 16:14:43

I have a No!No!, I bought it for £10 on eBay and it was too much. It just doesn't work, it's meant to basically singe your hair off, but it somehow manages to fill your house with the smell of burnt hair while failing to visibly remove any hair whatsoever, with the added "bonus" of leaving your skin red and burnt feeling.

To sum up, DO NOT BUY A NO!NO!.

Kirriemuir Mon 22-Feb-16 16:20:53

All you have to do is google no no! And you will see hundreds of poor reviews.

Talisin Mon 22-Feb-16 16:26:31

I can personally attest that the Lumea works. I have never tried the NoNo but I have also never read one single positive review of the thing.

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Mon 22-Feb-16 17:21:06

Lumea it is then! Better start saving grin

DarkBlueEyes Mon 22-Feb-16 17:23:38

I have a Lumea. It's pretty good!

lanbro Mon 22-Feb-16 17:24:14

I bought, and sent back under the guarantee, a no!no!. Absolute rubbish. Just bought a lumea, reduced in Boots to £300 plus got £25 worth of points. Used it once so far, so quick and easy, about a million times quicker than the no!no! and going by the reviews hopefully about a million times more effective!

oOJJOo Mon 22-Feb-16 17:28:36

I use the Lumea and it is excellent - really recommend as an investment!

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Tue 23-Feb-16 09:27:30

So which Lumea model is best? I've seen one at Boots online for £229 + free delivery, model SC2006. Is that worth it or should I go for another model?

walkingtheplank Tue 23-Feb-16 10:59:38

I have a Lumea - very good. I thought it might not work but it did and it is not painful to use.

There are always discounts available and I also used my Boots points so paid about half price in the end.

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Tue 23-Feb-16 12:13:36

There is a £270 difference between the models at boots at the moment- help, which would you go for?!

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Tue 23-Feb-16 13:14:29

I have just ordered the SC2006/11 model from boots. Got it for £206.99 with a promo code and collecting from store tomorrow!

LeopardIsTheNewBlack Tue 23-Feb-16 14:04:29

I'm a promotional model and was demonstrating Silk 'n Flash & Go laser hair removal system. It's manufactured in Israel and I believe you can buy it in the UK ( I'm in the US). It's cheaper than the No No, and I got better feedback from it. Apparently with the No No it removes the hair with a dermabrasion pad while treating the root for regrowth, thus resulting in a burning smell. The Flash n Go is a laser hair removal system that doesn't remove the hair( you shave first ) over time prevents the hair from growing back permanently. It works best on people with pale skin and dark hair. I've been treating my underarms and legs. I went from shaving legs every 3 days to every two weeks, and armpits every day to once a week. Hopefully I won't have to shave at all by pool season!!

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Tue 23-Feb-16 17:10:09

I will be picking up my unit tomorrow and will start using at the weekend. If I can I will take some progress photos- of my legs obvs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now