Talk

Advanced search

What shoes/boots should you wear with ankle grazer/cropped trousers?

(10 Posts)
bigbuttons Sun 21-Feb-16 13:16:34

I have a couple that I bought from Zara in the sales. They look great on but I have absolutely no idea what footwear to wear with them.
When it's warmer of course bare foot in ballet pumps would be ok I assume, but now?
If anyone can give me pointers I'd be ever so happy as it means that I can actually wear the bloody trousers!

CointreauVersial Sun 21-Feb-16 14:07:22

I have to say, I don't wear mine in the depths of winter for precisely this reason! I tend to wait until I can get my ankles out.

Brogues would work (but I'm not a brogue fan). Or chelsea boots?

Nettletheelf Sun 21-Feb-16 16:09:06

Here's what NOT to wear with them: slingbacks. I don't know why this is, but slingbacks look terrible with ankle grazing trousers.

(Not that you would in February, of course, but for future reference)

I wear mine with ballet pumps, pointy heeled shoes or high strappy sandals.

Floisme Sun 21-Feb-16 16:25:42

I saw a woman wearing some the other day with chelsea boots and a very fetching pair of corned beef calves.

So I say brogues but not till spring.

Schmoozer Sun 21-Feb-16 16:37:37

I agree, brogues

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 21-Feb-16 16:54:57

I've just bought a pair of black Patent kitten heels from Clarks to go with my black ones ! Looked OK - but haven't worn then out yet !

bigbuttons Sun 21-Feb-16 17:32:19

Thanks, yes as I was thinking, not until spring. Why then were they in the winter sale?
This is what made me think I was missing something .
I don't know how to wear shoes really. I mean I can wear them in the summer without socks and I can wear boots in winter with socks but I don't know how to wear shoes in winter. if i wear trousers then i can't really wear socks with my shoes?confused

bigbuttons Sun 21-Feb-16 17:32:58

I have brogue boots, will they work? I mean shoe boot type boots from office.

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 21-Feb-16 18:42:45

I bought some a few weeks ago, but have stashed them away until it is less freezing. I actually think Chelsea boots look good with a sliver of bare leg, and I wondered about wearing a fishnet ankle sock (or knee-high? Yikes) while it's still chilly. My long-term plan is definitely brogues, with those shoe-liner things so my feet look bare but are not getting rubbed/sweaty. (On that front, it took a lot of trial and error, but the M&S ones which come in black and have a rubbery bit at the heel are the business.)

jaykay34 Sun 21-Feb-16 20:15:41

I agree with above - don't pull them out until the spring !
I team mine up with ballet pumps, brogues or heeled shoe boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now