Talk

Advanced search

What do I wear with this dress?

(12 Posts)
Grok Sat 20-Feb-16 23:23:40

For wedding in 2 weeks. Dress is plum.

Thinking coral bolero/cardigan. I have coral strappy shoes. Or do I go for black? Some other colour?

If coral, where would I find a coral jacket/bolero?

evelynj Sat 20-Feb-16 23:28:11

Hmm, I wouldn't go for coral, I'd say brown or cream/nude/caramel. Black would be ok but wouldn't show the colours off best. What about a large scarf, wrap type thing? Are you thinking coral just because you already have shoes or do you think the colour combo works?

toastandmarmiterocks Sat 20-Feb-16 23:32:14

I think grey would look nice, a soft muted grey.

EnidB Sat 20-Feb-16 23:35:07

Pashmina or wrap would be nice, maybe something with metallic threads through it? Monsoon, Frasers etc

Floisme Sat 20-Feb-16 23:46:06

I love plum. I normally wear it with purple or deep pink. Or green or teal. Sometimes grey. Or a very dark chocolate brown if i could ever actually find it. I've also seen it look good with red. Not black

Grok Sat 20-Feb-16 23:55:32

Ooh I like the idea of a soft grey (almost lavender but still grey) or a nude.

I am not a fan of pashminas so would prefer to steer clear.

I do have a nude cashmere mini-cape thing. I just wasn't sure if the proportions are off. Would it work?

If not, Where should I look?

Grok Sat 20-Feb-16 23:57:50

Floisme, was thinking of a nice contrasting red lippy alright, or a nice deep raspberry. Would love raspberry accessories but don't think I could find those either!

burnishedsilver Sun 21-Feb-16 00:04:11

Silver.

23jumpstreet Sun 21-Feb-16 00:09:41

No to the mini cape as silver would be better, but a lovely dress

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 21-Feb-16 14:18:37

That cardigan's nice. I'd get nude shoes and a nude bag to match. Sensible but very class and elegant, at the same time.
Raspberry lipstick would be gorgeous and smokey eyes.

Nettletheelf Sun 21-Feb-16 15:55:33

Lovely dress. I'd look for shoes that matched the colour of the dress, and I'd combine it with navy or grey. Black is too boring and deadening. I wouldn't go for coral.

Floisme Sun 21-Feb-16 16:02:14

Are you looking for a cover-up or just to accessorize? Cos if my upper arms weren't shot to hell, I would wear that with some over-the-elbow gloves, probably red though grey might be classy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now