Talk

Advanced search

Anyone seen any nice holiday clothes anywhere?

(17 Posts)
YourHandInMyHand Sat 20-Feb-16 15:21:34

Winter sun holiday next month and I've just realised I have hardly any summer clothes as I had a ruthless clear out at the end of last summer!

Has anyone seen any nice holiday / summer clothes? I especially would like a few sun dresses I think as well as the usual basics eg shorts, sandals, etc. (I'm 5ft6, 34, big boobs and hips.)

DianaT1969 Sat 20-Feb-16 15:59:10

I would try the all-year online beach shops:

http://m.simplybeach.com/departments/Beachwear.aspx

https://airymary.com/collections/dresses

Zara online too as they start getting festival clothes in now.

Zola1980 Sat 20-Feb-16 22:57:13

next have some summer bits online now, saw a few nice beachy dresses on there

Bunbaker Sat 20-Feb-16 22:59:27

I bought some linen shorts and a linen skirt from BHS the other week and this dress from Next last week.

Bunbaker Sat 20-Feb-16 23:01:59

And this beach dress

Doobigetta Sun 21-Feb-16 12:51:56

The short answer is no! I've been looking since Christmas, as I'm going away in two weeks, and have found absolutely nothing. There seems to be a choice of two looks for the beach- drippy hippy or hooker. If neither of those appeals, you're fucked. And why so many beach dresses and wraps are nylon, I have no idea. I can't think of a fabric I want to wear less in 30 degree heat.

Ok, maybe sheepskin.

YourHandInMyHand Mon 22-Feb-16 23:10:50

So sorry! I couldnt log in to MN on my blinking phone for some reason so have had to wait til I had chance to power up the laptop!

Can't believe how hard it is to find something. I've had a look on the links (thank you all) but nothing jumped out that would either suit me or that was to my taste. Doobigetta "hippy or hooker" made me laugh. I can't do floaty as I look like a sack of spuds (I have a waist between my big boobs and hips and without it on display I look huge), and I'm just too wobbbly of leg to get away with those short little playsuits that all the young skinny folks wear. If I find anything I will update the thread. smile

I have a couple of nice sun dresses for UK summer but they are lined and will be too sweltering abroad.

ooosaidooo Tue 23-Feb-16 07:02:56

Fat face have some summer bits one their website, a few shorts and cropped jeans/trousers...possibly good for a few basics.

ishouldcocoa Tue 23-Feb-16 07:11:44

Lands End have a few bits in. I've just bought some of their swimwear. It's not cheap, but it's excellent quality. 'Tis neither hippy or hooker, but may be a little middle aged for you??

wartynose Tue 23-Feb-16 07:49:58

Biden have got some quite nice summer dresses, with 20% off at the moment

wartynose Tue 23-Feb-16 07:50:21

Boden blush

superbfairywren Tue 23-Feb-16 07:57:53

Try clearance/sales online, some websites still have last year's summer stock, or try TK Maxx? Sainsburys was full of swimming costumes yesterday so I'd imagine they've got some summer stuff in too.

Reapwhatyousow Tue 23-Feb-16 08:25:02

Have you considered buying when you are out there? If it's a tourist destination there will be plenty of choice to suit all budgets. I now go on winter sun holidays with some spare luggage capacity! I find the summer clothes I want and the colours seem to be more exciting and exotic. Have a good holiday

Pupsiecola Tue 23-Feb-16 13:08:26

I'm having the same problem! I'm off to SE Asia on Thursday. I have lost a couple of stones over the last year and I gave all my Summer stuff to charity! I have a couple of bits I bought years ago hoping to get into them, and they do now fit. But I'm going to have to go shopping when I arrive :-)

Sonotkylie Tue 23-Feb-16 13:49:30

I just bought some summer stuff from Great Plains. Worth a look? There is a fair bit of viscose and the like, which isn't ideal for really hot (though fine for me for UK!), but I am very impressed by the cut and finish quality, and its not too short or too long or too young or whatever else is usually the problem. And it all fits me beautifully (curvy 12) which is rare enough to deserve its own fanfare!

YourHandInMyHand Sun 28-Feb-16 20:15:47

I like some of the shorts on FatFace, how is their sizing?

Boden has some nice things, but I always begrudge paying Boden prices.

I don't have a sainsburys near me but might call up the nearest and ask if they have much summer stuff in, that's a good idea.

Landsend I like their coats but the actual clothing not my cup oof tea though am sure is very good cut quality going by the coats.

I love TK Maxx and hadn't thought of there, will go have a look if I get chance.

YourHandInMyHand Sun 28-Feb-16 20:20:37

I did have some luck in good old Primark. Went in on Tuesday last week in the morning and they seemed to just have some new holiday type stuff in.

I got 3 different sun dresses, a denim a-line skirt, a Tshirt, a cardigan, and some other little bits and bobs for £42!!

I have also managed to source 3 bikinis that fit my boobs (hurrah!) after trying on around 50 different ones! Oh and found 2 pairs of shorts and a maxi dress that survived my clear out last year. Think I just need a couple of vest tops and I'm good to go!

I'm losing weight too so don't want to spend tonnes but I definitely wanted a few nice bits and I plan and doing as much relaxing as I can so don't want to be trudging around looking for certain bits of clothing when I could be relaxing (although I'm sure I will bring home a few bits and bobs). smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now