Talk

Advanced search

Are there any dressmaking experts about?

(9 Posts)
Oogly Sat 20-Feb-16 14:10:06

Hello, I am going to be a bridesmaid and below is my dress. However I will now be 18 weeks pregnant at the wedding and would like to know if there is the possibility of getting the dress amended slightly.

I ordered a size bigger so it's not tight, and quite a floaty style. I'm more worried about the level of the waist as I know that empire lines are better in pregnancy and this one is lower.

From previous experience I will def have a bump, not small but not too big. I will hopefully not be much bigger elsewhere apart from boobs.

Hoping that someone can come on and tell me that dressmakers have seen it all before or else I will have to find a maternity style.

www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6736/

Oogly Sat 20-Feb-16 14:11:16

www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6736/

Hope this is a picture of back of dress.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sat 20-Feb-16 14:13:19

Do to have much length to play with?

Oogly Sat 20-Feb-16 14:16:23

Hi Sally

Yes the dress is quite long on me and I am walking on the hem when trying it on in heels

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sat 20-Feb-16 14:19:52

Then they should be able to lift the waist line higher to drape over bump - there appears to be a lot of gathered material on the waist band to expand that if necessary as well!! Lovely dress !

Oogly Sat 20-Feb-16 14:30:55

Ooh that's what I was hoping for Sally. Would the zip at the back cause a problem as it goes down just below the waistline?

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 20-Feb-16 14:36:34

Dressmaker would probably take the zip out, sort the waistline and then put it back in to fit. I think.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sat 20-Feb-16 15:06:54

I'd agree zip removed and replaced

Oogly Sat 20-Feb-16 16:06:19

You have calmed my nerves, was having a bit of a panic.

Was hoping it would be possible to lift the waistline a bit, even if just an inch or two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now