House of colour style day...

(10 Posts)
Favouritethings Fri 19-Feb-16 19:31:07

Was it worth the money? What did it entail?

mimiasovitch Fri 19-Feb-16 19:45:45

I really enjoyed it. It involved personality questions and a look at my body shape and proportions. I very much like things being categorised, and having a definition of my style, but I can't say it was worth it really, as I've carried on wearing everything I've always worn. Maybe just because I always knew what suited me. I do ignore some rules - the amount of accessories I should wear as a romantic is impossible on most days, and I like my biker boots with frocks even if my consultant thinks I shouldn't. The colour one was absolutely worth it though.

Favouritethings Fri 19-Feb-16 20:04:59

I've just had the colour one and loved it. I've booked in for the style day but wondering quite how much il get from it

Happy50 Fri 19-Feb-16 23:25:47

I found it really useful
It has made shopping much easier and gave me a style I feel very comfortable with

321zerobaby Fri 19-Feb-16 23:30:21

Yes I did both, definitely worth it. It was enlightening in lots of ways, about how I am perceived by others (I did it with 2 friends). Makes shopping and choosing what to wear much easier.

shirkingworking Sat 20-Feb-16 11:04:35

Nope - I found it useless! Colours are quite interesting but I don't like any of their archetypes really!

Destinysdaughter Sat 20-Feb-16 18:00:30

I found it helpful as it confirmed much of what I already knew. I'm quite busty so a lot of things don't suit me. I'm a 'romantic ingenue', which I translated as a medieval Elizabeth Taylor. Sounds odd but works for me!

building2016 Sun 21-Feb-16 09:20:44

I absolutely loved and it was definitely worth the money for me. I had to do a bit of asking on MN threads to sort of cement the advice but it is basically spot on and transformed how I buy clothes just as much as the style day.

IlonaRN Wed 24-Feb-16 20:54:27

I really enjoyed it. I think I was getting it about 90% right already, but now I KNOW why there are things I just can't get to work, and (importantly) can also explain to my bf why they don't work!

I think it's worth it and as useful as the colour day. That said, I hope it has been modernised since I mine years ago.

That said it has taken many years and some help from friends to completely get my head around it and get the most out of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now