Talk

Advanced search

Help with everyday makeup?

(4 Posts)
MeadowHay Fri 19-Feb-16 18:55:45

I usually only wear makeup if I'm going somewhere nice (nice meal, party, that kind of thing). Other times sometimes I wear concealer and lip gloss or lipstick, and powder mainly because otherwise my face gets really greasy throughout the day, yuck.

I would like to start wearing makeup more but I just always seem to be in a rush - I'm so disorganised, I think partly as a result of having Asperger's, and I am also rubbish at applying makeup so it takes me longer and I'm more likely to mess it up than most people (coordination problems again because of Asperger's). But I have quite bad skin and it would really help my confidence to look a bit less, well, "rough"...I always look tired and scruffy. I got the Urban Decay Naked pallet for Xmas and I still haven't even used it!! Can I incorporate this somehow into a day to day makeup? I just don't know where to start! I like bright colours and bold eyes and things for going out and stuff but I've never really done everyday makeup. Help! smile

hollinhurst84 Fri 19-Feb-16 19:11:15

Just grabbed my palette to check the colours. I wear a lot of make up every day but... grin
I would wear virgin on the brow bone or over lid. Darken crease of eye with buck and then pop naked or half baked on the lid. Usually I wear the crease colour on my lower lash line too. I do an eyeliner flick or just a simple line
Tight lining is good for every day (Google is your friend for demos!)

Then your usual concealer/powder/mascara etc. I often use a BB cream instead of foundation for day

MeadowHay Fri 19-Feb-16 20:55:16

Thanks! I need to experiment sometime when I don't have to go anywhere and practice so I can get more confident and do it all quicker on normal mornings. Could you recommend a good eye liner?

hollinhurst84 Fri 19-Feb-16 20:58:12

Depends what you want it for really. For tightline and waterline I like urban decay 24/7 (not the one that says waterline as its rubbish!)
For eyeliner on top lid and flicks I use maybelline gel pot
Just experiment a bit, it washes off! If I'm being really lazy I just pop a brown colour shadow over my lid and over crease and some liner

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now