Superdrug pure hydrating serum.....

(14 Posts)
Indecisivejo Fri 19-Feb-16 10:51:07

Is it good? Keep wondering how it can be so good with good ingredients if it's only a couple of quid?! Sounds too good to be true, hydrating and fragrance free!!

OnlyLovers Fri 19-Feb-16 11:57:40

I haven't tried it but Sali Hughes rates it, and she's quite well-regarded I think.

I've been thinking about trying it. Come back and report if you do buy some, won't you? smile

handslikecowstits Fri 19-Feb-16 11:59:06

I use it and I like it. I can't use anything with fragrance in or sodding shea butter (pizza face, hear we come!) and I've been using it in combo with other stuff I'm trying to use up for about three months (?) and it's good. It's not a miracle worker (it won't disguise the fact for example, that you've drunk a bottle of Bordeaux blush) but it does hydrate quite well.

handslikecowstits Fri 19-Feb-16 11:59:36

here not hear obv FFS!

Nabootique Fri 19-Feb-16 12:45:56

The ingredients really are great, especially for the price. Having said that, it did nothing for me. Everyone is different, I guess, but it's definitely worth a shot for that price.

Itscurtainsforyou Fri 19-Feb-16 12:47:57

I thought it was ok (especially for the price) and I find it hard to find stuff that suits my skin. I'm not keen on the rest of the range (face wash, moisturiser) but the serum is worth a go.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Fri 19-Feb-16 14:31:26

I really like it. I think you have to see it as very much a hydrator rather than a smoother/lifter type of serum. It doesn't, for example, change the surface appearance like a serum with silicones in would. I use it at night, as a precursor to slopping on my Astral, whilst in the morning under makeup to smooth I am using Protect and Perfect at the mo. Oft copied, never bettered IMO and I've had ones far more expensive that did nothing, and others I really wanted to like but hated.

OnlyLovers Fri 19-Feb-16 14:32:44

I'm going to try it. I want hydration first and then I'll worry about smoothing and lifting – but when I do, I like the sound of Protect and Perfect!

Indecisivejo Fri 19-Feb-16 15:05:55

I would bloody try it if it wasn't sold out everywhere!!

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Fri 19-Feb-16 15:37:36

It's in stock online, reduced to £1.29 and if you buy two you get a free gift.

nearlyovertherainbow Fri 19-Feb-16 17:32:33

OnlyLovers, Protect and Perfect is always the serum I come back to. I've tried several, but this always seems to 'wake my skin up' if you like. It's not a miracle potion, but it's very good at hydrating and smoothing. I'm not lying, whenever I come back to this I get IDed grin and I'm nearly 32! So it must do something.

OnlyLovers Fri 19-Feb-16 17:41:26

You've sold me, rainbow!

Indecisivejo Fri 19-Feb-16 18:21:50

Is the no7 one fragrance free??

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Fri 19-Feb-16 19:33:04

No, the original P and P has a fragrance. They have branched out into P and P intense/original and then Lift and Luminate (for older laydeez like me) and another one still for even older laydeez like my mammy. I have tried all 3 but still think the P/P is the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now