dh has suggested getting dressed up
my heart sank a bit

i have no clothes

please help

oh darkish-reddish hair
hazel eyes
pale/pinkish skin tone

skippy67 Fri 19-Feb-16 08:48:18

Where are you going? Dinner? Dancing? Drinks?

gymboywalton Fri 19-Feb-16 08:51:50

possibly all of the above
we don't have firm plans
we will definitely be eating, we will probably wander and find some bars

my problem is i can't do heels at all-i can't walk in them

DianaT1969 Fri 19-Feb-16 10:31:58

Asos curve next day delivery? This with opaques and any shoes you already have? Nice necklace and blow dry.. I would size up to ensure space for bust. Or buy 2 sizes and send 1 back.
http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ASOS-Curve/ASOS-CURVE-Plain-Wiggle-Cut-Out-Back-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6149680&cid=9577&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=50&sort=-1&clr=Black&totalstyles=1132&gridsize=3&unjttt_applicationplatform=newPlp&unn_jtt_redirect

gymboywalton Fri 19-Feb-16 10:41:19

i really like it but i am going away today! i really should have organised this sooner.

so you think a dress? i can go shopping later today or tomorrow

i was wondering about maybe a tunic wth opaque black tights and biker boots? so it would go from day to night..?

DianaT1969 Fri 19-Feb-16 10:49:32

Tunic with biker boots sounds fine. Most people are wearing skinny jeans with plimsoles/boots out in London these says, so it's fairly casual thanks to the cold weather. Hope you have a great time.

mayhew Fri 19-Feb-16 19:01:40

My daughter (22) informs me that making too much "dress up" effort signals the provinces......

One item you like, flat shoes and bright lipstick. Good to go!

Flatsfromnowon Sat 20-Feb-16 07:20:33

Mayhew, what is wrong with the 'provinces'??

OP - what you had in mind sounds perfect. Enjoy your date smile

WipsGlitter Sat 20-Feb-16 07:37:19

That's a lovely dress!

How long is the tunic? Does it not just look like a very short dress if you wear it with tights?

Ledkr Sat 20-Feb-16 07:42:53

I'm led in a london bed at the moment after a night out last night.
We were in the duck and waffle then spitalfeild and I noticed it was pretty casual. People in warm coats and boots. I just wore grey jeans and a casual top, comfy chunky heeled boots as I had to get the train/tube in from essex.
Have fun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now