Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone successfully removed deodorant stains from woollen jumper?

(6 Posts)
Ponymagic Thu 18-Feb-16 21:40:41

I could weep ... my lovely (newish) and absolute bargain Jaegar sweater has a white patch at each armpit .... grrrr. It's been hand washed and machine washed but stains still there. Any solutions please?

SquidgeyMidgey Thu 18-Feb-16 21:45:25

If you're using a liquid detergent for delicates you could apply it neat, leave for 10 mins and then rinse well. I've done that on ketchup (thanks friend of DS...) on a merino sweater and it shifted it.

Ponymagic Thu 18-Feb-16 21:48:32

Shall try that in the morning, thank you Squidgey - well worth a shot.

SquidgeyMidgey Thu 18-Feb-16 22:09:38

I'd probably chuck it in the washing machine to rinse (full wool cycle). I hw mine as it has bits sewn on and can't be machined but the machine rinse would swoosh it about a bit more.

LemonShizzleCake Thu 18-Feb-16 22:13:54

I have successfully used Vanish stain bar in this situation with no ill effects - run the stains under cold water, rub the bar in to get a bit of a lather and rub it together gently. Then leave it to sit for 15mins or so and then machine wash (no need to rinse it first) on wool cycle with usual detergent.

You can get the Vanish bar in most supermarkets, Robert Dyas etc, and I find it works better than the powdered versions. Good luck!

Ponymagic Thu 18-Feb-16 22:17:26

Thanks Lemon ... will try that too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now