Fucking full on wrinkle bastard fuckers

(8 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Thu 18-Feb-16 16:28:26

Fuck you universe hmm

Loads of wise women on here said a wee while ago that they suddenly notice that at 43 onwards everything goes to shit for no reason and randomly

Very suddenly and without warning 2 things have happened to my face:

1. It's fallen down - my cheeks have slipped to my jowels leaving a slightly hollow eye look but really pouchy cheeks and jowels

2. My laughter lines don't go like this ---> outwards they now crosshatch so they look like this /\/\/\ under my eye

It's happened in 3 months - I was putting it down to winter, dehydration, tiredness, new job but I look really bad.

I already and have done for 20 years use good moisturiser and serum. Alpha gold once a week. Have facials occasionally but do them myself with half a dozen masks. I have no acne, no terrible blocked pores, no age spots.

In short - if I didn't have the slippage and wrinkles I'd look 30.

If you've read all that, thanks smile

But what do I do???

There are no forehead wrinkles to Botox - they don't do under eyes?

Is my only option a face lift ? What about my under eye wrinkles?

I'm thinking a chemical peel to start as the textures also a bit grey, flaky, lumpy looking and there's finer lines on the cheeks that I know will go with a peel.

HappyGirlNow Thu 18-Feb-16 16:36:18

Fillers. Fillers would make the world of difference. In your cheeks, lifts your face like scaffolding.

You can use botox underneath and around the eyes but it may not improve superficial lines..

LaurieFairyCake Thu 18-Feb-16 17:28:01

I have plenty of fat and volume in my cheeks - it has literally just slipped round the eye to give a hollow look

I think you're right and they don't Botox eyes

AgathaF Thu 18-Feb-16 17:36:13

I second fillers. They work wonders!

You could always go for a consulation somewhere reputable and just see what they suggest. It doesn't commit you to getting anything done if you don't fancy it.

Whatthefoxgoingon Thu 18-Feb-16 17:38:22

Welcome to shit forties! You're three years late grin

I third fillers but be warned its all going downhill from now on. Wish I'd enjoyed my 30s a bit more confused

Jemster Thu 18-Feb-16 18:25:03

I was saying this the other day to DH how I feel as if since I turned 40 last year I've started to age rapidly!
Grey hairs coming through thick & fast, can't get my roots done quick enough!
Drier skin all over, turning lizard like.
Big sorer spots turning up on face.
Wrinkles appearing.
Face hollowing.
Jowels showing signs of appearing.
Delightful. DH on the other hand who's 44 looks fine. Not fair.

sayatidaknama Thu 18-Feb-16 18:32:12

Fillers in tear ducts and botox for the crows feet. Also a dab of filler in cheeks to lift the jowls/droop. Works wonders.

ScarletForYa Thu 18-Feb-16 18:35:58

They can do botox under the eyes. Get a doctor to do it though. However when you stop the cross hatching will come back.

Astral cream is the best thing I've used. Better than retinol A etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now