Talk

Advanced search

Best tongs/wand to create waves & body

(10 Posts)
louise2011 Thu 18-Feb-16 14:55:50

I have a cheapo babyliss curling wand. Great to curl my daughters hair but i want to create waves & volume in my hair.
I want to buy reasonably priced tongs to give my shoulder length hair some body. I assume I will need a bigger barrel?
Looking on Amazon & Argos there are such mixed reviews - people either love or hate them!!
I want some advice on what to buy from someone who has a good pair!

Diamogs Thu 18-Feb-16 17:13:57

Not tongs but I love my curl secret - it is foolproof

IdentityRequest1 Thu 18-Feb-16 19:21:59

I'm after the exact same thing. I was looking at Babyliss, Cloud 9 and GHD. Obviously I'd rather get the cheaper ones if they'll do the same job.

SorrelForbes Thu 18-Feb-16 19:23:52

I think BaByliss do a wave maker type of implement! No idea if it's any good though.
www.babyliss.co.uk/wave-envy.html

CointreauVersial Thu 18-Feb-16 23:08:58

I was toying with the idea of that Wave Envy thing, Sorrel. It looks so easy to use. Would love to know if anyone has tried it.

SnuffleGruntSnorter Thu 18-Feb-16 23:12:28

My sister bought the wave maker, we were not impressed unfortunately! It made lots of very regular little waves so by the time you've done a whole head it looks a bit too much like when we used to crimp our hair as kids!

Buttercup443 Fri 19-Feb-16 00:14:33

No to the waver thing. Go plait your wet hair and sleep in it.

Tada!! Free!!

How does that babyliss curler implement work? I would love bouncy waves/voluminous body but I am totally non-dexterous and a bit useless with curlers (burned fingers/wrists to prove it).

Buttercup443 Fri 19-Feb-16 00:15:12

Meant to add a friend bought the waver wand and it looked totally unspectacular

Diamogs Fri 19-Feb-16 10:28:38

Not burned myself on the curl secret Buttercup, and I am super clumsy and have managed to burn myself on straighteners, tongs and heated rollers.

You put it halfway down an inch wide section of hair and it kind of sucks it in and then beeps when it is time to let go. Badly explained sorry I will see if I can find a video that explains it better.

Diamogs Fri 19-Feb-16 10:30:16

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FJOsTg6D_w

Video

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now