Talk

Advanced search

Regreting dermaplaning

(5 Posts)
BettyBi0 Thu 18-Feb-16 10:43:42

I had my first go at dermaplaning/dry shaving the fine hairs on my face last week and now I'm looking a bit stubbly and weird. Is this normal or does it mean that my facial hair is actually thicker than most people who dermaplane?

I'm very fair with blondey facial hair but it just looks kind of sparkly/stubbly all over now. is it like this for everyone who does it and you just shave it all off again?

Any tips on good razors to use? I used the mini noxema ones but they don't seem very sharp

GraceKellysLeftArm Thu 18-Feb-16 11:58:44

I have no idea - but I wanted to show you a "real person" as opposed to website perfection/models/advertising. I think I was on the same thread as you - I did it last week again with a normal gilette venus (I think) and I've just gone out into the garden to take a selfie (neighbours will think I'm bonkers) so I'm in direct sunshine and I'm wearing bare minerals foundation - so before powder which would clog. I know it's not a perfect pic - shaky hands, but you can see the sun bouncing off my cheek rather than the hair and at the same time you can still see the fluff around my hairline on my neck - so I think it's a pretty honest pic. smile

BettyBi0 Thu 18-Feb-16 13:38:12

Thanks so much! How often are you finding you have to shave?

GraceKellysLeftArm Thu 18-Feb-16 13:48:10

I'm pretty sure I re-did it after a fortnight. smile

BettyBi0 Thu 18-Feb-16 14:56:05

I'm going to give it another go and see. Maybe I need to end up with a combo of plucking and shaving

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now