Quality Cotton V-Neck T-Shirts That Last

(10 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

CheersMedea Thu 18-Feb-16 10:08:27

I'm fed up with buying t-shirts that don't last. I've been through every mid-range rand possible - American Apparel, Lands End, M&S, Asos on and on. Even some higher end ones aren't great either (eg. McQ and Alexander McQueen)

I accept that a t-shirt probably is a comparatively short life item anyway (especially white ones) but I'd like one that doesn't go "bobbly" or lose it's shape or fade after about 2 washes.

I saw a link to this site on my FB feed www.buymeonce.com/ which is an interesting concept. And they recommend www.thewhitetshirt.com . Has anyone bought from them

But does anyone have any other personal recommendations for V-neck cotton or cotton mix t-shirts that actually last and are of good quality. I don't have a budget and am happy to pay more if it actually does last.

CheersMedea Thu 18-Feb-16 10:12:59

Oops Sorry Wrong Section. Was supposed to be in Style & Beauty. Will ask MN to move!

P1nkP0ppy Thu 18-Feb-16 11:22:03

Only buy mine from Sainsbury's 😀
They seem to wash well and last better than anyone else's!

FredaMayor Thu 18-Feb-16 11:36:21

Petit Bateau t-shirts last very well, and are more (subtly) stylish than many.

www.petit-bateau.co.uk/e-shop/fm-29/1/basic-short-sleeved-t-shirts.html

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Feb-16 12:25:45

We'll pop it over to Style & Beauty now.

CheersMedea Thu 18-Feb-16 15:44:38

Thanks for moving and sorry.

I have an absolute rule about not buying clothes from Sainsbury's or Tescos! smile

Isn't petit bateau children's clothes? (off to look).

Oly5 Thu 18-Feb-16 20:51:10

Bizarrely some of my best t shirts are from Fat Face! Their cotton t shirts seem to be hard wearing.
Other places I shop for t shirts are White Company, Boden and Banana Republic.
I only expect T shirts to last a year or so though

BikeRunSki Thu 18-Feb-16 21:00:06

I have some excellent clothes from FatFat. Got a lovely cornflower blue v neck t shirt from them last year, they didn't have my size in white at the time, and were sold out everywhere by the time I went back.
I digress... I get long, lasting, good quality, plain, v, crew and scoop neck T shirts from Howies. V necks

seefeld Thu 18-Feb-16 21:45:41

I've got some nice short sleeved t shirts from Hush that I bought last summer and are still looking good

pixelchick10 Sun 21-Feb-16 07:17:14

Gant t shirts keep looking good but are pricy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now