Botox and fillers in central London?

(4 Posts)
SmellOfPythonInTheMorning Thu 18-Feb-16 06:48:25

I'm 42, in reasonable shape, but my thin skin is wrinkly around my eyes and my formerly full lips are slowly deflating. Can someone recommend a doctor in London that would do very subtle enhancements? I'm thinking Gillian Anderson. Any advice on cost would also be appreciated!

BettyBrexit Thu 18-Feb-16 09:15:48

I'd recommend Dr Tracy Mountford. She's won lots of awards, is down to earth, won't promise the earth, listens and knows what's she's doing. She was an anaesthetist before.
She's in Wimpole St - Cosmetic Skin Clinic.
You will find cheaper (and more expensive.)
I've not had Botox but I have had some fillers- very small tweaks to cheeks. Cost depends on how much filler is used but reckon on around £650 minimum. She does offer consultations beforehand but hey cost around £95 so if you feel brave, book to have work done and then you don't pay that. I had a consultation then thought about it for a couple of months. No pressure and no sales talk from her. She's too busy! You are looking at a 4 week wait minimum.

BettyBrexit Thu 18-Feb-16 09:16:47

Lip fillers with her start around £250.

Love2dance Thu 18-Feb-16 14:54:45

I have not been to see Dr Mountford (still sitting on the fence about Botox and fillers - and not so flush right now), but my colleague (early 50s) has had Botox and fillers from her. She had some subtle filler work done on the upper lip area to fill out wrinkles and Botox for crow's feet. I have a gimlet eye for over Botoxed and filled faces and I have to say my colleague looked fantastic; fresh and not at all "done".

If Dr M is way out of your price bracket, a good friend of mine, 51, went to Face Clinic London and was very happy with the results. See the website for costs, but they are not as expensive as Dr M (mind you, she is expensive for a reason!). Most or all of the practitioners are doctors. I cannot vouch for them but she had her forehead done an it looked pretty good. I had another recommendation recently but the person recommending had that wide eyed Botox look and the practitioner was a nurse. Not a problem, but if it was me, I'd go for a Dr.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now