Talk

Advanced search

Do Louboutins hurt?

(29 Posts)
Craftycakey15 Wed 17-Feb-16 18:39:28

I want to treat myself to a pair of designer shoes and would quite like a pair of Louboutin black stilettos. Does anyone know if they are particularly narrow? I never wear pointed shoes so I am thinking of the ones with the round toe area. I know when I try them on they will feel uncomfortable like all heels at the beginning. Just thinking its a lot of money for a shoe that I might not be able to 'break in'.

Karcheer Wed 17-Feb-16 19:10:33

If you get a heel too high they will hurt. Something that's 120mm is not made for walking. Whereas I find their 80mm very comfy, could wear them all day.

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 17-Feb-16 19:11:40

Mine hurt - they are very narrow.

Personally I think Aquazzura or Valentino are way more comfortable but I have wide ugly feet.

Worth trying lots on to see which styles are the most comfortable.

GERTgert06 Wed 17-Feb-16 19:11:54

My daughter-in-law has a pair, and she says they hurt, and is always glad to take them off. She still wears them though!

CheersMedea Wed 17-Feb-16 19:12:09

I don't like them to be honest. What I tend to do, is buy them half a size larger and then get a half sole put in permanently under the insole. It provides more padding on the ball of your foot and you don't have to mess around with removable gel inserts. They should be able to send them away for you if you buy them in a shop.

Not all heels feel uncomfortable in the beginning. If they do, then they don't fit you properly.

I've really gone off Louboutins though as shoot me now I think they have become a bit chavvy. I know, I know.

Madbengalmum Wed 17-Feb-16 19:13:03

No, i have a few pairs and they are fine.
Jimmy Choo are very comfy though.

potap123 Wed 17-Feb-16 19:14:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Canters15 Wed 17-Feb-16 19:35:12

I have several pairs and find them very comfy, particularly when broken in. I wore a 100mm pair on my wedding day and feet got achey then but other pairs are 85mm and I can wear all day no problems.

I find them comfier then Jimmy choo.

Karcheer Wed 17-Feb-16 19:36:30

canters I agree my JCs are like wearing blades on my feet!

SaveSomeSpendSome Wed 17-Feb-16 19:41:33

I ve never had a pair as any shoe with a heel on kills my feet!

However there is alot of them on ebay that have a listing saying worn once or had very very light use so i think that says alot

lastnightiwenttomanderley Wed 17-Feb-16 19:50:10

For me personally, no, but I agree that different ones suit different feet. I have a mix of Louboutin, Jimmy choo, Sergio Rossi and Rupert Sanderson. My Louboutins are now quite old as I don't like a lot of the new styles and even the classic shapes seem to be less, well, classic than they once were. For every day shoes, JC are my go to as they have the right mix of comfort and design flair but without being crazy. RS and SR are great for evening shoes thst are a bit quirky.

If this is a treat for you then I'd go against the grain and get a pair you'll wear every day. I'm not a believer in 'saving things for best' so if I'm going to invest in quality I want to use it.

Ultimately, I buy designer as I have size 1.5 feet and there are very few options in those sizes (no, I do not want to bug children's shoes. They are ugly and inappropriate for client meetings). If you're going to treat yourself get a pair that fit like gloves and you adore. They could be designer or high street. But please don't waste your money on a pair of uncomfortable shoes just because they're by a fashionable/high end brand.

lastnightiwenttomanderley Wed 17-Feb-16 19:51:24

That should have read 'For me, no, they're not uncomfortable'

BuggersMuddle Wed 17-Feb-16 20:04:21

I'm with lastnight and tend to spend money on the shoes I wear most often rather than 'going out' shoes.

I've got small, reasonably wide feet with a narrow heel and get on well the Gucci, some Dolce & Gabbana, Mulberry & Valentino. (Personal preference, but I have never been able to bring myself to buy a pair of Louboutin as I can't see the quality, but I may be missing something).

Muskateersmummy Wed 17-Feb-16 20:06:17

I agree the 120's are not made for walking, they are my dinner shoes! The others are comfy enough, but you need to try, as the sizing isn't true to 'real' sizes I find.

Blingygolightly Wed 17-Feb-16 20:27:34

They hurt. Not just a little bit. A lot. I could almost cry when I remember a 2 day business trip I did to Madrid, and they were the only shoes I packed. I was a broken woman, I tell you. I only wear them now if I know I am not leaving my building and am just going from meeting to meeting room and immediately sitting down.grin

jellycat1 Wed 17-Feb-16 20:31:27

The Pigalle 100s are fab. They have a little bit of elastic at the back to stop slipping. Totally agree with a pp that they are so much more comfortable than Choos.

SmellOfPythonInTheMorning Wed 17-Feb-16 20:50:07

lastnight, I know I shouldn't but I'm kind of delighted to finally meet someone with smaller feet than my size 2! grin. I find JC more comfortable than the Louboutins because yoga has made my formerly slender feet duck-shaped wails

TheoriginalLEM Wed 17-Feb-16 20:54:02

Who in their right mind would buy a pair of shoes that hurt when they try them on?

BuggersMuddle Wed 17-Feb-16 21:53:20

LEM Tolerances vary I guess. I used to trot about in 4 inch heels as a teen / early 20s. Nowadays I merrily pack my trainers or in winter wear boots and switch.

I've never picked a pair of shoes 'that hurt' but I have picked shoes that I thought were fine that subsequently hurt (and tbh, just about any woman's dress shoe will hurt IME if worn inappropriately, like when my DM dragged me a 3 mile walk in each direction in 120mm Mulberry shoes that were bloody comfortable. I asked 'are we going far and should I change my shoes?'; 'no' was the answer....)

Craftycakey15 Wed 17-Feb-16 22:16:00

Thanks for all your replies and good idea about buying bigger and getting an insole fitted. I have seen lots of pretty decorative JC shoes and will check whether they have black stilettos too. It seems a lot of you can vouch got them.

andadietcoke Wed 17-Feb-16 22:37:29

I had 85mm Pigalles. The toe box was too narrow for me and I ended up selling them because my little toe kept popping out. Not a good look. I swear when I tried them on they were the most comfortable shoes ever. I think the blood rushed to my headhmm

Karcheer Wed 17-Feb-16 22:44:18

If you're after courts look at Dior as well, mine are very comfy.

HoundoftheBaskervilles Wed 17-Feb-16 23:23:42

Choos are much less hurty.

AmberNectarine Wed 17-Feb-16 23:38:11

I have the Pigalles and find them uncomfy. Choos I find like walking on air. Also really like Gucci and Giuseppe Zanotti for comfort.

Whatthefoxgoingon Thu 18-Feb-16 00:04:40

Absolutely hate them. Much prefer choos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now