Talk

Advanced search

could I wear something like this....

(19 Posts)
ppandj Wed 17-Feb-16 15:37:07

... To a "posh" wedding? Will i regret not wearing a normal nice dress?

ZaZathecat Wed 17-Feb-16 15:39:06

Lovely - I much prefer that to the usual 'going to a wedding' type dresses.

Lj8893 Wed 17-Feb-16 15:39:23

Absolutely! I love that look.

luckiestgirlintheworld Wed 17-Feb-16 15:40:16

Definitely. Love it.

Wendied Wed 17-Feb-16 15:42:12

Ooh yes very nice. I'd probably put a statement necklace with it or even a sparkly brooch.

hugoagogo Wed 17-Feb-16 15:46:17

Yes of course, but I would say a hard look to pull off if you are not tall and thin.

ppandj Wed 17-Feb-16 15:52:12

Ooh excellent!

<scurries off to shop for skirts>

Good point, I am not tall and not as thin as I once was so will reserve final judgement until I've tried on. smile thanks everyone!

Yes. I'm v find of a full, midi skirt and am neither tall nor thin - 5'2, size 12. I find a skirt and top much easier to wear/find than a dress.

fond not find

scrivette Wed 17-Feb-16 16:10:02

Yes it looks lovely, I especially love the jumper in the first picture.

LadyPriggsbottom Wed 17-Feb-16 16:32:56

Not keen on the first two outfits for a "posh" wedding myself, but love the third (think it's the colours and the slightly more structured look). Agree this look is softer and nicer than a lot of the suit and hat numbers you sometimes see at weddings IMHO.

ToElleWithIt Wed 17-Feb-16 17:04:21

Tall, thin and youthful for the looks pictured which are fab, but perilously close to granny chic. I think it's the unstructured calf length skirts. IMO a fuller more structured skirt is easier to pull off if it needs to looks formal. More this kind of shape / structure though not with this dreary jumper.

ppandj Wed 17-Feb-16 17:07:41

I know what you mean Elle but I find very think structured skirts are less flattering on me personally. I have 2 Topshop sweaters you see that are the potential options- both in pastel colours (mint green or baby pink) so there is definite potential to look granny-ish if accessories were wrong.

Doingmyheadin2016 Wed 17-Feb-16 17:46:01

I love the looks you have posted but have you tried one of those skirts on? I am a slim size 8 and I ordered a similar one to wear to a Christmas party and I looked huge in it. They're not flattering on the tummy.

If you find one that does suit you I think it would be lovely for a wedding.

I really like that black outfit, dreary jumper and all.

ToElleWithIt Thu 18-Feb-16 08:52:01

Well then go for it ppandj the right shoes and necklace should steer you clear of granny territory. If you'd do metallic - something like this could be fun skirt

RuddyHellItsSoftCell Fri 19-Feb-16 19:59:35

Does anyone know where I can buy shoes like in the third pic, not necessarily white, I just don't know what that shape is (quite low cut, straight across the foot)

ppandj Sat 20-Feb-16 09:12:35

Ruddy what about these? Sorry I can't link.

RuddyHellItsSoftCell Mon 22-Feb-16 20:08:42

They're a nice price, thanks! I'll go and have a try on I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now